Who's Going To Uni?

Cheers guys. Not really overly bothered about the timetables, just thought I'd be as well asking, I'll find out soon enough anyway. I'll be buggered if I'm making sense of any of those pages! Wednesday afternoon's off though I notice, my birthday is on a Wednesday in a few weeks time.. could get messy.

I've got a few job applications that I'm hoping something will come of, hence the need for internet, I'm not addicted to this place or anything. Honest. I'll get this cable thing soon enough from this SUSA shop place.

Cheers.

Freshers week for Glasgow starts on Monday.

Is there a complete timetable of events as I've had to try and work out what I'm doing from the seperate SRC/GUU/QMU timetables. I'm looking forward to the 6s tournament most of all...

Of all the things I do, that really isn't one that I thought would earn me the poove tag :(

Fraid so. Poove.

Me too! I can sort of see the point in wearing one if you're going to study abroad for a year, wee bit home pride and all that, but what's the point in wearing a Stirling Uni jumper when you fecking live at Stirling Uni!

However this I can sympathise with. I had friends who bought them, why? I spent a good chunk of my life wearing school uniform, unless I want to become a sexy stripper, why would I choose of my own free will to wear a uniform as an adult?

Freshers week for Glasgow starts on Monday.

Is there a complete timetable of events as I've had to try and work out what I'm doing from the seperate SRC/GUU/QMU timetables. I'm looking forward to the 6s tournament most of all...

There's a sixes tournament!? When?

I've not really looked at the timetable so far. Not even sure where they all are at the moment. Anything else good on?

Me too! I can sort of see the point in wearing one if you're going to study abroad for a year, wee bit home pride and all that, but what's the point in wearing a Stirling Uni jumper when you fecking live at Stirling Uni!

I just have an irrational hate with any item of clothing (save football tops) that has a massive logo on it, don't mind a wee badge or the like but I guess that is just my own pet hate...

Those uni hoodies are horrible. They're worn solely by pretentious tossers who define themselves as "a student" and make a conscious effort to be as wacky and zany as possible by stealing roadsigns and stuff.

My personal favourites are the Oxford and Cambridge ones, which you seem to see absolutely all over the place. I had no idea that Britain's most exclusive unis had so many students. :o

I probably should have packed by now. Really can't be arsed. Extremely pissed off though. My friend is a systems engineer and I asked if he could do Electrical Appliance Tests. Apparently, despite being able to handle and maintain 50 grands worth of electrical equipment, he cannot sign a certificate to say that my plugs are wired correctly. <_<

Oh aye, and Uni hoodies are a fucking ridiculous idea.

:D Cheers Dunc. It really is fantastic knowing people who have been through Uni. Knowing my luck I'll get shafted for not having one.

I can 100% assure you, you won't! Word of advice, if you stay in uni owned flats next year, don't bring up a sofa. It will only end in dissapointment.

:D Cheers Dunc. It really is fantastic knowing people who have been through Uni. Knowing my luck I'll get shafted for not having one.

I *imagine* if you burn the building down they might ask about it, but that almost never happens.

It says that you have a week to hand in the Electronic Testing sheet thing, but I don't know anyone who did. You'll get an inventory for your room which you do need to fill out and hand in, but you basically just tick the list and write "Everything's fine" at the bottom.

It's obviously so that at the end of the year if your desk only has 3 legs and you have no glass in your windows they can blame you for it, but they really don't care.

There's a sixes tournament!? When?

I've not really looked at the timetable so far. Not even sure where they all are at the moment. Anything else good on?

I actually checked and it's the 3rd of October so it isn't actually in freshers week, it's part of the sports day or something.

We probably have differing opinion on what is "good", I wrote down what I'll probably attend and it's basically.

Sports Fair

Badminton

Mens football

Tennis

Mens football

I'll also probably do a campus tour and an introduction to student TV ( :lol: ) and there's a comedy night I'll probably go to. I'm a very fun guy.

I've heard that Peter Andre is the mystery guest, so will be avoiding that at all costs.

Those uni hoodies are horrible. They're worn solely by pretentious tossers who define themselves as "a student" and make a conscious effort to be as wacky and zany as possible by stealing roadsigns and stuff.

My personal favourites are the Oxford and Cambridge ones, which you seem to see absolutely all over the place. I had no idea that Britain's most exclusive unis had so many students. :o

As bad as said hoodies are, the 'Leavers' ones are far worse. I never even knew such things existed until 2007. And I left school in 2002!

Where is the timetable with all the stuff Supras? All I can find is the general Fresher's Week Calander, which has a few Christian Union Movement BBQs and the Philosophy Society's malarky.

Freshers week home page

The three links in the recent updates section is all I have looked at, and something on the sports union website.

I didn't see the Christian movement stuff but did see the philosophy tea party...

I actually originally posted asking for a better or more complete timetable.

I've heard that Peter Andre is the mystery guest, so will be avoiding that at all costs.

I heard on pretty good authority that the mystery guests are Franz Ferdinand. I vaguely know the guy in charge of booking acts for Freshers Week at the GU and I would severely doubt Peter Andre would be high on his list of priorities!