Nom Nom Nom

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Lobster Thermidor tonight, half price from Tesco, down from £15 for 2 servings. Never had it before and not sure about what to serve with it. Thinking beans and chips.

Philistine! Everybody knows it should be Mac n cheese.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/lobster-mac-n-cheese/

44 minutes ago, supermik said:

Philistine! Everybody knows it should be Mac n cheese.

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/lobster-mac-n-cheese/

It was shite anyway, tasted like tiny scraps of chicken. May have overcooked it.

P.S. That recipe looks well tasty.

Edited by welshbairn

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It was shite anyway, tasted like tiny scraps of chicken. May have overcooked it.

P.S. That recipe looks well tasty.

Tbh if your first thought was to have beans & chips with lobster then I'd suggest you stick to fish fingers.

Get a Vindaloo paste or make one from scratch

Chuck it in a wok with some Ghee (Gee)or Garlic Butter and let it cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat

Add Spring Onion, Peppers, Chillies and chopped garlic

Then add Chilli paste and Garlic paste from a tube

Then add diced chicken

Add Cumin, Garam Masala, Hot chilli powder, ginger, and soy sauce, and a small touch of pepper

Cook until chicken is sealed

Add rich beef stock (can be liquid or the Knorr Ones)

Then add your choice of chilli sauce(s) (I used the West Indies Extra Hot Habanero and Meat Lust Buffalo sauce)

Simmer for about 30 minutes

Serve with basmati or pilau rice, and garnish with coriander.

Sweeper, firstly thank you! I cannot give that post the number of greens it deserves! Sent a screenshot of that recipe to the missus last week and came home from work tonight to that for my dinner. Tremendous! [emoji122]

Sweeper, firstly thank you! I cannot give that post the number of greens it deserves! Sent a screenshot of that recipe to the missus last week and came home from work tonight to that for my dinner. Tremendous! [emoji122]

Glad you liked it.

Glad you liked it.

Genuinely superb! Made curries at home loads of times but only ever had vindaloo at a restaurant. That however was excellent. She put some flaked habanero in the mix though so just waiting on the churn and burn to kick in...
#dragonsnostril

Might need to buy some of that stuff [mention]heedthebaa[/mention] has been using recently! [emoji4]

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Sweeper, firstly thank you! I cannot give that post the number of greens it deserves! Sent a screenshot of that recipe to the missus last week and came home from work tonight to that for my dinner. Tremendous! emoji122.png

What quantities of the ingredients did you use? Seriously considering making this on Friday night!

What quantities of the ingredients did you use? Seriously considering making this on Friday night!

No idea, it was the missus that made it. She’s not currently here to ask but just assuming she googled the quantities of ingredients. My contribution was solely sending her a screenshot of Sweepers recipe last week and saying I fancied trying it.

I do have a recipe for a tremendous Thai Chicken Curry though. Probably my favourite home cooked meal. Will get a pic of it and post it up and strongly urge everyone to try it. Except veggie fuds like [mention]Shandon Par[/mention]!

ETA: [mention]Sweeper Dee[/mention] [mention]Rugster[/mention] Try this Thai Curry recipe. Has a semi-thick sauce. Once cooked, shred the chicken, don’t dice it. Add a little more chilli powder or chilli flakes as you please depending how spicy you like stuff.

0b4b48b7-889c-46f7-8372-edc9bdbd0077.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You're better just freeballing on the quantities tbh, I hardly measured the amount of spices/sauces I used. 

Edited by SweeperDee

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

You're better just freeballing on the quantities tbh, I hardly measured the amount of spices/sauces I used. 

Garam masala is freeballing it anyway. Differs quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Just chucked it in since it's one of the spices I usually always buy. 

Aye I meant it can contain different combinations/ratios of spices dependent on where you get it from.