Nom Nom Nom

right - i'll tell you all this once and once only -
from bottom to top:
large (tesco) soft wholemeal roll (bottom)
mayonnaise
shredded lettuce
slice of cheese
four fish fingers (with tartare sauce kinda worked in between them)
four more fish fingers (with ketchup kinda worked in between then)
shitload of ground black pepper
'nother slice of cheese
handful of chips
burger sauce
large (tesco) soft wholemeal roll (top)
pic from a little while ago before the order/construction method had been completely formalised - i think this may be a slightly smaller "six finger" (leave it) version:
the final improvement was to enclose the "lower half" of the thing in a fajita wrap, to stop all the innards falling out during the consumption process - works an absolute fucking treat, but you still have to commit fully and trough through the thing in one go - it's a disaster if you try to put one down and then restart !
IMG_0147.JPG.5785c39e116316e743412aac153c6027.JPG

fish and cheese??

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

had a homemade chicken dopiaza (well based on it) curry with nan bread and poppadoms last night. missus made her own onion chutney as well. shes a fuvking awful cook and was banned from the kitchen but it was actually outstanding. not difficult but given her limitations i was impressed!

Going to make sausage rolls for the first time. If this goes well I'll attempt some homemade pork pies and piccalilli Wish me luck!
if the pork pies goes well i wouldnt mind your recipe. never tried making them before but would fancy giving a simple recipe a bash. ive only made sausage rolls using pre made pastry which is simple so if you are doing it from scratch fair play to you.

good luck anyway

52 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

if the pork pies goes well i wouldnt mind your recipe. never tried making them before but would fancy giving a simple recipe a bash. ive only made sausage rolls using pre made pastry which is simple so if you are doing it from scratch fair play to you.

good luck anyway

The sausage rolls were a triumph! The in laws loved them as did my daughter. Have to confess that I used pre-made puff pastry sheets but the pork mince mixed with pepper, sage and finely chopped onion was delicious.

Here's the video of the pork pie recipe I'm thinking of using:

Just need a piccalilli recipe to go with it!

The sausage rolls were a triumph! The in laws loved them as did my daughter. Have to confess that I used pre-made puff pastry sheets but the pork mince mixed with pepper, sage and finely chopped onion was delicious.
Here's the video of the pork pie recipe I'm thinking of using:
Just need a piccalilli recipe to go with it!
idont see the point in making my own pastry the sheets are just fine. never made piccalilli as not a huge fan of it but onion chutney is simple to make and tastes fantastic. might try the pork pie recipe so thanks for that!

idont see the point in making my own pastry the sheets are just fine. never made piccalilli as not a huge fan of it but onion chutney is simple to make and tastes fantastic. might try the pork pie recipe so thanks for that!
i just watched the full video and will definitely give that a try when im off in a fortnight as theres a faor bit of prep but well worth it. let me know how your attempt goes