Nom Nom Nom

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s not crazily priced or anything, and Edinburgh is generally just an expensive place so it’s not significantly different to most restaurants of that type. The food is really good, you’ll enjoy it!

ideally looking to spend no more than like 70  tbh

Ah...
Should probably just stay out of Edinburgh then!

Nah he’ll be fine at the Ivy. For about £70 you’ll get 2 course and a bottle of wine almost comfortably I’d say.

You’re only looking at circa £20 a main course so it’s fine. As far as Edinburgh restaurants go, the Ivy is second tier at best I’d say though.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Nah he’ll be fine at the Ivy. For about £70 you’ll get 2 course and a bottle of wine almost comfortably I’d say.

You’re only looking at circa £20 a main course so it’s fine. As far as Edinburgh restaurants go, the Ivy is second tier at best I’d say though.

I've seen that drinks are scary expensive in there. 9.50 for a G&T is madness!

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’d be surprised if you’d get a two course and drinks for under £70. Maybe I just picked expensive stuff when I was in.

I’d be surprised if you’d get a two course and drinks for under £70. Maybe I just picked expensive stuff when I was in.

I’ve just had a quick look at the menu since it’s been a while and the mains are actually cheaper than I remembered, the most expensive steak is only £32, most expensive starter is £13, but that’s cause it’s lobster. [emoji23]

Fair enough the drinks are a lot more expensive than I remember! But I’d say you can easily do 2 courses for under £60.

The one I want to try is the new Tattu place just off St Andrews square, it’s been getting excellent reviews from people I’ve chatted to.

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’ve just had a quick look at the menu since it’s been a while and the mains are actually cheaper than I remembered, the most expensive steak is only £32, most expensive starter is £13, but that’s cause it’s lobster. emoji23.png

Fair enough the drinks are a lot more expensive than I remember! But I’d say you can easily do 2 courses for under £60.

The one I want to try is the new Tattu place just off St Andrews square, it’s been getting excellent reviews from people I’ve chatted to.

Aye it’s on my list too. Edinburgh is great for restaurants at the minute, there’s actually too much choice. Every time I tick one off my list another couple open!

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

really? How come?

I was probably being grouchy. I don’t drink these days and the acoustics made it hard to hear myself think. Just thought the food was at best average, decor etc pretty tank and overall a bit up itself for what’s really just a chain. 

Sure Mrs will like it though if she wants to get dressed up and head out for a nice meal. I just wouldn’t go back in a hurry/ever if poss!

45 minutes ago, Widge said:

I’ve just had a quick look at the menu since it’s been a while and the mains are actually cheaper than I remembered, the most expensive steak is only £32, most expensive starter is £13, but that’s cause it’s lobster. emoji23.png

Tattu is meant to be quality, we're going there for a drink after I think. Will let you know how it goes

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was probably being grouchy. I don’t drink these days and the acoustics made it hard to hear myself think. Just thought the food was at best average, decor etc pretty tank and overall a bit up itself for what’s really just a chain. 

Sure Mrs will like it though if she wants to get dressed up and head out for a nice meal. I just wouldn’t go back in a hurry/ever if poss!

Yeah it's an excuse to dress up and what not for her. Hopefully it's a good feed

7 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Tattu is meant to be quality, we're going there for a drink after I think. Will let you know how it goes

When I was there I didn't think it was good - it has 2 bouncers which was a bit weird maybe because they knew I was a fifer. The décor is great and the drinks look good but I felt they were steep for what was provided. The news room might be more suited to dressing up and having a really nice drink.

When I was there I didn't think it was good - it has 2 bouncers which was a bit weird maybe because they knew I was a fifer. The décor is great and the drinks look good but I felt they were steep for what was provided. The news room might be more suited to dressing up and having a really nice drink.

The Newsrooms alright, if I was going anywhere around there it would be Cafe Royale, simply cause I’ve had a few good nights in there and like the layout of the central bar. So many decent places to go at that end of town, I’m almost annoyed when people suggest heading towards George Street!

Then again I’d happily stay near my flat and go to the Baillie for Friday night drinks and watch the football!

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

The Newsrooms alright, if I was going anywhere around there it would be Cafe Royale, simply cause I’ve had a few good nights in there and like the layout of the central bar. So many decent places to go at that end of town, I’m almost annoyed when people suggest heading towards George Street!

Then again I’d happily stay near my flat and go to the Baillie for Friday night drinks and watch the football!

In fact if he wanted to impress his bird surely they should go to Shandwicks?