Nom Nom Nom

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Already looks class man, excited to see how it ends up! Be a while before I can do any smoking/curing myself because of space issues but I find it really interesting

The cold smoking doesnt take up much room at all really as ling as you have somewhere outdoors for the smoke obviously. The cold smoke generator I mentioned is tiny. Just a wee bit bigger than a beer mat really. I do want to cure bigger lumps of meat which will require me to sort out a space in the garage probably, but knocking out a salmon side seems to be pretty easy 

17 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Had a french toast and cheese sandwich for dinner today

This sounds absolutely fantastic and I am quite shocked that I've never actually thought of placing either cheese or ham between slices of French toast. An awakening read. 

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, big fan of football of beer.

20200717_193224.thumb.jpg.fdbade5c812459ac81ec7e1db3760aa3.jpg

@Bairnardo could smoke that leg for you, get some colour into it! 😛

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The cold smoking doesnt take up much room at all really as ling as you have somewhere outdoors for the smoke obviously. The cold smoke generator I mentioned is tiny. Just a wee bit bigger than a beer mat really. I do want to cure bigger lumps of meat which will require me to sort out a space in the garage probably, but knocking out a salmon side seems to be pretty easy 

Aye the outside bit's the issue. I'm city centre (currently getting my eardrums punctured by the works on Leith Walk, can barely hear the swearing in this episode of Deadwood) and we've no drying green. That'll be something to prioritize when I move late next year

Aye the outside bit's the issue. I'm city centre (currently getting my eardrums punctured by the works on Leith Walk, can barely hear the swearing in this episode of Deadwood) and we've no drying green. That'll be something to prioritize when I move late next year
Bacon will be next. Deadwood is amazing. GOAT script writing

40 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This sounds absolutely fantastic and I am quite shocked that I've never actually thought of placing either cheese or ham between slices of French toast. An awakening read. 

@Bairnardo could smoke that leg for you, get some colour into it! 😛

@Mr. Alli 

@Genuine Hibs Fan just to see this one through to the end, heres the salmon and mozzarella after 4 hours cold smoking. I dont mind telling you the small bit I had was delicious. Into the fridge for a couple of days for the smoke to mellow now though and a proper review will be forthcoming. High hopes though

20200719_143716.jpg

Mental to think that there's folk who don't like salmon.
My wife absolutely detests it and loathes the fact that I love it so much. She could MAYBE be pressed into eating a salmon fillet if it was absolutely swamped with spices etc, but smoked salmon.... No chance. Fucking freak.

Anyway as the smoker was still firing and I didnt want to let it go to waste I have fucked some mushrooms and garlic in to get smoked up. Nit sure what I will do with them, just didnt know what else to smoke.

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@Genuine Hibs Fan just to see this one through to the end, heres the salmon and mozzarella after 4 hours cold smoking. I dont mind telling you the small bit I had was delicious. Into the fridge for a couple of days for the smoke to mellow now though and a proper review will be forthcoming. High hopes though

20200719_143716.jpg

Smoked mozzarella as well?! Never heard of that one before but sounds great

Smoked mozzarella as well?! Never heard of that one before but sounds great
I was rooting around the fridge looking to just smoke whatever I could. Mrs B stopped me from using the cheddar [emoji53]

I think smoked Mozzarella is a thing though.... Presumably it will compliment the mango.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was rooting around the fridge looking to just smoke whatever I could. Mrs B stopped me from using the cheddar emoji53.png

I think smoked Mozzarella is a thing though.... Presumably it will compliment the mango.

Could someone, if they were so inclined and had been released from a secure unit for the day, smoke a mango?

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Haha that's next weekend sorted! Looks great though man, where did you get the salmon?

That was just a half side from tesco. Il need to try and source some better gear, ideally wild stuff but dont think it's all that readily available