Nom Nom Nom

My attempt at this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sicilianstylesalmonw_87777

I used too few mushrooms by far and should have used more brocoli, but it was tasty, especially the salmon. Pleased with it and would have it again. Very easy and quick to make. Cheap too.

20210216_181457.thumb.jpg.41d523ac89e04715afb492a8e0b38493.jpg

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

My attempt at this:

I used too few mushrooms by far and should have used more brocoli, but it was tasty, especially the salmon. Pleased with it and would have it again. Very easy and quick to make. Cheap too.

And very healthy and low in carbs, which is excellent for shredding.   

Try making that sort of food (lean mean/veg)  for lunch and dinner and berries for breakfast and you'll lose weight very quickly.  Well done.  

[mention=12169]19QOS19[/mention] [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] that’s me got all three of those books and my problem now is choosing what to make first. They look tremendous. 
The weeping tiger my fave so far but tonight I had the Coq Au Vin and it was excellent. Very impressed with it. If I had time to thicken the sauce it would have been even better.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That mango m8?

Welcome to the club

Mango salsa with fish is a delightful combination. On a pizza is wrong.

23 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My attempt at this:

Looks excellent and healthy. Will be cooking that next week.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

[mention=12169]19QOS19[/mention] [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] that’s me got all three of those books and my problem now is choosing what to make first. They look tremendous. 
Enjoy! This week I think 4 of our 7 meals are from the blue book. We had honey chilli pork last night and it was really nice (though didn't look like the photo). Tonight we had Mongolian beef and it deserves the rave reviews it's been getting. If you make the latter, the recipe says 100g of sweetener. f**k that. I put in about 10g and would have been scared if there was even 5g more. It must surely be a typo.
The weeping tiger my fave so far but tonight I had the Coq Au Vin and it was excellent. Very impressed with it. If I had time to thicken the sauce it would have been even better.
That's my only criticism of the books is that sometimes there isn't enough! But they do say add or take out as you see fit so it's a decent starter. Coq Au Vin is on next week's list :)

I think I might buy the books also. If I was going to buy one to start with, would you say blue?
I couldn't really recommend a particular one as they are all varied. I used orange most early on but then that was the first one I had so obviously I would have used it more. Since having all 3 we've used them all almost equally and I can't say I have a favourite as there are loads of good meals in each one. I'd just buy any of them and if you enjoy the food get the other two.

I couldn't really recommend a particular one as they are all varied. I used orange most early on but then that was the first one I had so obviously I would have used it more. Since having all 3 we've used them all almost equally and I can't say I have a favourite as there are loads of good meals in each one. I'd just buy any of them and if you enjoy the food get the other two.
The best I can say for the one I have is that I often find diet type books to be utter pish. They often pitch it totally wrong for me. PoN does it a wee bit sometimes but what I dont like like is "CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING CHEATS STROGANOFF* AS GOOD AS THE REAL THING!!!" type patter.

Its not, and I dont want some shitty cheat version of something good. Theres plenty of tasty and healthy food available. Tell me how to make that.

The recipes in this book by and large arent like that. They are more honest about what they are, and so far, for me theres been no shortage of flavour in anything iv made. Theres nothing worse than making a creamy diet dish that tastes of f**k all but fat free yoghurt.

*other versions of this patter available

The best I can say for the one I have is that I often find diet type books to be utter pish. They often pitch it totally wrong for me. PoN does it a wee bit sometimes but what I dont like like is "CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING CHEATS STROGANOFF* AS GOOD AS THE REAL THING!!!" type patter.

Its not, and I dont want some shitty cheat version of something good. Theres plenty of tasty and healthy food available. Tell me how to make that.

The recipes in this book by and large arent like that. They are more honest about what they are, and so far, for me theres been no shortage of flavour in anything iv made. Theres nothing worse than making a creamy diet dish that tastes of f**k all but fat free yoghurt.

*other versions of this patter available
There's usually a wee bit about the meal beforehand but it's not like these cook books that tell you a whole big pointless fucking story. They say a wee bit about it and give you the recipe. You're right, they don't try and sell the food as something else - the sausage and egg muffin would have been the place to do this. I think I would struggle to tell the difference between that and McDonalds one. Absolutely incredible.