Nom Nom Nom

Lobster and chips with lemon mayonnaise; served with crust bread and washed down with Chablis.

Lobster is from a wee place down at the harbour in Crail.  Fresh from the boats, they cook and split it for you.

42BA9E75-5C52-4317-BEF9-740410A18EAC.thumb.jpeg.8f8ae016df7ff91c0a8259ad84defca7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Any tips for a pork loin roast (Insert Kenneth gif). Got a bit at Costco yesterday and can’t ever think of a time I’ve cooked pork.

We cube it and marinade it and do it on a grill type thing we bought from Lidl, probably a griddle pan would do.  We serve it with roasted courgettes, peppers and mushrooms; and hash browns!

Any tips for a pork loin roast (Insert Kenneth gif). Got a bit at Costco yesterday and can’t ever think of a time I’ve cooked pork.

May be a little late

I like to open it up like a book and then spread on some crushed garlic, chilli flakes, lemon zest, oregano and Parma ham then roll it and tie it up like porchetta. Think it was a nigella recipe

In winter ill spread black pudding with the Parma ham

If I'm being lazy I'll slice up a few garlic cloves and then stick them in with a knife all through the roast and fire in oven with small chopped potatoes that get lovely and sticky with the pots juice

V tasty [emoji39]

6 hours ago, Adam said:

I've done this a few times. Bit of a faf, but tasty as. Plus you can get smashed on the remaining Calvados

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk/0lRL6vUF1KJO72d61ffVKqcM$gU.pdf

May be a little late

I like to open it up like a book and then spread on some crushed garlic, chilli flakes, lemon zest, oregano and Parma ham then roll it and tie it up like porchetta. Think it was a nigella recipe

In winter ill spread black pudding with the Parma ham

If I'm being lazy I'll slice up a few garlic cloves and then stick them in with a knife all through the roast and fire in oven with small chopped potatoes that get lovely and sticky with the pots juice

V tasty [emoji39]

That sounds the absolute business! Thanks for all the suggestions, I just roasted it, but made a rub consisting of loads of garlic, thyme, rosemary and olive oil (salt and pepper too, naturally). Turned out very well.

IMG_1622393726.348738.jpg

35 minutes ago, Adam said:

That sounds the absolute business! Thanks for all the suggestions, I just roasted it, but made a rub consisting of loads of garlic, thyme, rosemary and olive oil (salt and pepper too, naturally). Turned out very well.

That looks really nice.  Not sure about the wallpaper.

41 minutes ago, Adam said:

You absolutely love a roast potato, don't you?

You absolutely love a roast potato, don't you?

Who doesn’t? These were parboiled, then drained and an oxo cube sprinkled over the top before going into the oven for 45 mins, with some rosemary added 5 mins before coming out.

Who doesn’t? These were parboiled, then drained and an oxo cube sprinkled over the top before going into the oven for 45 mins, with some rosemary added 5 mins before coming out.
If you have time, soak yer tatties in cold water for a an hour or two, and parboil them well in advance, dry them out in the fridge.

If you have the hours to spare being organised it gives an extra crispiness.