Nom Nom Nom

33 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Obviously the entire industry is toxic but a shame to have it confirmed. Probably the best meal I've ever had but not good enough that I'd be tempted to give the p***k another penny.

Exactly this. Love his food but the wee snivelling tory c**t won’t get another penny out of me. Might even burn his cook book in protest. 

44 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Exactly this. Love his food but the wee snivelling tory c**t won’t get another penny out of me. Might even burn his cook book in protest. 

Lots of equally good, if not better restaurants in the capital.

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

Lots of equally good, if not better restaurants in the capital.

I know. He’s not even in my top 3 Michelin experiences but still very good. 

On 04/07/2021 at 14:28, Rugster said:

I’m in a tough spot now. Been waiting for literally about 18 months to go to The Kitchin due to 2 separate cancelled bookings because of Covid. Going on 2 weeks time finally then this appears.

Think I’m going to have this meal then take my moral stand...

12 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

We are off to Fhior at the weekend. Got a voucher for 7 course tasting menu for my 30th birthday. Cannae wait. 

Enjoy! Its one of the best meals I've had.

13 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m in a tough spot now. Been waiting for literally about 18 months to go to The Kitchin due to 2 separate cancelled bookings because of Covid. Going on 2 weeks time finally then this appears.

Aye we were due to go for my partner's bday and cancelled due to self isolating. Were gonna rebook but thankfully haven't been to Martin Wishart either so just going to go there instead. The thing is though I don't doubt that generally conditions for staff are shocking there or at most Michelin star restaurants so the Kitchin news isn't really news, but I guess you can only go on what you know rather than suspect

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye we were due to go for my partner's bday and cancelled due to self isolating. Were gonna rebook but thankfully haven't been to Martin Wishart either so just going to go there instead. The thing is though I don't doubt that generally conditions for staff are shocking there or at most Michelin star restaurants so the Kitchin news isn't really news, but I guess you can only go on what you know rather than suspect

Martin Wishart was really good when I went so enjoy!

Yes I’d guess that 99% of them are toxic environments to work in. Appreciate it’s a while ago but Kitchen Confidential is a real eye opener, and I doubt it’s changed much since that was published.

14 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Mods!

14 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cancel at the last minute just to fúck him up.

Then get a McDonalds.

37 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Mods!

Am I being reported to the mods for giving him business? Or something else?

15 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Cancel at the last minute just to fúck him up.

Then get a McDonalds.

Vast majority of restaurants in the capital are taking card details to tackle this, as there have been farcical numbers of late cancellations recently. Kitchin has been doing that for years anyway.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Am I being reported to the mods for giving him business? Or something else?

Vast majority of restaurants in the capital are taking card details to tackle this, as there have been farcical numbers of late cancellations recently. Kitchin has been doing that for years anyway.

Kitchin will prolly spit on your fries anyway.

Had my wedding reception in Kitchin 2 weeks ago, just before all the news broke.  We were in the private dining room, where didn’t give a f**k about restrictions, table numbers, masks etc I applaud them for that and the food was excellent. The fucker Tom even came in for a chat and gave monkwoman flowers. Saying that, I probably won’t be back as I think he’s a c**t (even more so over the last year) ,and we’d already paid a significant deposit for the meal a year ago. 
With the glass wall in Kitchin and being able to see in the kitchen, it always looks like absolute chaos so it’s no surprise really to hear these things being said, I’d imagine it’s very common in the industry. 

Down in London last week, where we went to Alan Ducasse at the Dorchester and Gordon Ramsay - Royal Hospital road. Food at Ducasse was superb and I thought it would be tough to beat, but the following night Ramsay’s blew it out the water. One course from Ducasse would probably sneak on to the menu at Royal hospital road. The standard of cooking and service in these places is just ridiculous.  

ETA... One thing that always amazes me is the number of staff these places have.  I had dinner at  The Five Fields in London a couple of years back, small dining room with about a half dozen tables, and there must have been 2 staff for every customer in the place. 

Edited by MONKMAN