Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Really pissed off now, thunderus turned up again and I accidentally killed t, I am assuming it turns up again tomorrow at some point and that I get another chance to catch it. But it seems a waste of my master ball to catch it. Ach well we shall see, oh and again anybody know how to get to the abundant shrine, obviously you have to gave completed a fair but of the game.

Change the DS clock if you can't be bothered waiting.

Aye I could do that buy it isn't even that good, it's not like I would use it in my party, so ishall just stumble along and hope it turns up again. Hopefully killing it means it will re-emerge if not so be it.

Also managed to raise a level 5 pokemon up21 levels at once through sheer luck.

Still taking this really slowly.

I'm at the fourth gym just now, but I think I need to do a bit of training first. I have;

Sandile 23

Victini 26

Blitzle 25

Pansear 25

Dewott 26

Drilbur 23

I got rid of my Roggenrola in place of Sandile 'cause I like crocodiles better than rocks. I have a Sigilyph in my box which I'm mulling over using - and that would replace Pansear. I'd then have pretty much everything covered, although I don't know what Pokémon I haven't discovered yet that look cool and that I'd want in my party.

The other generation pokemon become available later on, I believe.

Indeed they do, I just caught myslef a pidgy and a driftbloom, just for the sake of it.

Cheers guys - so, would I be capable of completing the full Pokedex using just Black and White, or would I need to link up with any of the earlier games at all? Or are ALL Pokemon catchable in the two new games?

Cheers guys - so, would I be capable of completing the full Pokedex using just Black and White, or would I need to link up with any of the earlier games at all? Or are ALL Pokemon catchable in the two new games?

All of the older Legendaries aren't in it, your mewtwo, legendary birds and suicuine and all of them, but from what I can see using both black and white, you should be able to complete 99% of it, I may be wrong, but I think its possible to get almost all of them.

What grass pokemon does everyone recommend? Pansage is pish.

There aren't any real grass types that are any good, my advice stick with Pansage, wait until it gets to 34, learns grass knot and then evolve it. It does take some work with it, but my Simisage is at level 61 now and tbh it can basically defeat anything because of its move set. (grass knot, acrobatics, seed bomb and shadow claw) Albeit, I am looking for a decent move to replace seed bomb, no need for 2 grass types.

EDIT - Just caught the first of the three legendary fighting pokemon, Cobalion, with no trouble whatsoever, now I can go after the other 2, Terrakion and Virizion. Not that I am going to use them, but just to get them caught and out of the way.

Edited by Widge

Not managed much game time in the last few days, but I've beaten the 3rd gym leader & reached Nimbasa (sp?) City. Team is as follows:

Blitzle - Lv. 24

Pignite - Lv. 25

Tranquil - Lv. 25

Palpitoad - Lv. 25

Pansage - Lv. 24

Still only got the 5. It's probably the first pokemon game that I've played where I've gotten this far without a party of 6, I've usually got 6 before I reach the 2nd gym! Going to level them up to as close to Lv 30 as I can, before taking on the 4th gym.

Oh, and walking around a football pitch almost blew my mind. :lol:

I'm at the stage where I'm going to the Relic Castle in the Desert.

My team at the moment is

Excadrill level 40

Sigilyth level 38

Eelektrik level 40

Seismitoad level 39

Samurott level 38

Vanillite level 28

Just trying to get Vanillite up because it's useful against Dragons. Only really Samurott is a by stander since Seismitoad just nails everything. I would highly recommend getting Eelektrik, second evolution of Tynamo. It is pure electric with the ability to levitate. So it is weak to nothing without using gravity or the likes. Pretty strong. Moving along quite nicely.

Bloody hell at that stage on the game, my pokemon were at about lv. 32, Christ I went into te pokemon league with them all about 50, so ou have done some serious training with them.

Went and took on Gym Leaders 4 and 5 with relative ease. I'm going to get my Pokemon up to the high 30s or low 40s before I move on though. I'm training a few Pokemon at the moment up to those levels to give me a bit of room for change when needed.

In previous games I got a variety of Pokemon up to the same level, all ready to go into a battle when needed. Obviously 6 party Pokemon and the rest in the PC:

Fire/Fight

Water/Ground

Bug/Poison

Electric

Grass

Ground

Psychic

Fire

Normal/Flying

Can't find that Sigilyth though :( But when I do I'll increase the number of battle ready Pokemon to 10, adding Psychic/Flying to that list. I also usually try and get Dragon, Steel and Ice Pokemon added to that list. Normally keeps me on the right track.

Just got this yesterday and I'm only as far as the second town. Is it worth training up a patrat or lillipup, as they are the only other pokemon I've had at the moment? Also, I need someone to tell me a useful HM slave, if there is one. In HG/SS I had Krabby (cut, strength, whirlpool and surf) and bibarel (strength, surf, cut, rock smash).

Bloody hell at that stage on the game, my pokemon were at about lv. 32, Christ I went into te pokemon league with them all about 50, so ou have done some serious training with them.

It's after the Icirus Gym though, I'm not just going through the desert for the first time. I did take a while when I was trying to beat the Nimbasa (Electric IIRC) Gym Leader because I had nothing to beat him. Apart from that it's the occasional training to level up, like I levelled Tynamo up so I could have an Eelektrik before the Ice Gym.

Can't find that Sigilyth though :( But when I do I'll increase the number of battle ready Pokemon to 10, adding Psychic/Flying to that list. I also usually try and get Dragon, Steel and Ice Pokemon added to that list. Normally keeps me on the right track.

If you enter the desert from the route after it, think it's Nimbasa. Then just west until there's a entrance to somewhere and that the desert resort. You can catch about level 20 ones there.

Just got this yesterday and I'm only as far as the second town. Is it worth training up a patrat or lillipup, as they are the only other pokemon I've had at the moment? Also, I need someone to tell me a useful HM slave, if there is one. In HG/SS I had Krabby (cut, strength, whirlpool and surf) and bibarel (strength, surf, cut, rock smash).

Patrat is pathetic but Lillipup is rather hard to beat and a good sweeper once evolved. It's my main pokemon.

Patrat is pathetic but Lillipup is rather hard to beat and a good sweeper once evolved. It's my main pokemon.

Just as a heads up, 1 of the Elite 4 uses fighting types and will absolutely annihalate you if you use it as a main pokemon, I just hope you have a flying or phsycic.

I am currently training a lot, as I am wanting to do the Elite 4 again, but this time they have pokemon that are a good 20 levels higher than the first time you do it and fankly mine are all about 65 so have no real chance of taking them, plus the Champion on.

Wtf is up with Aldar's pokemon? How come they're at like level 75 when the other elite four are at 50!! Serious training will be required to beat that cock then. Fuuuuuuu.

I've just done the Thundurus trigger but I've not been through Victory Road yet so it should bring me up some levels. My team is-

Sigilyth - 40

Vanillish - 39

Excadrill - 45

Seismitoad - 40

Samurott - 39

Eelektrik - 41

So my team hasn't gone much up, except for Vanillish. Need to get Eelektrik up to 44 for it to learn thunderbolt then I'm gonna evolve it with the thunderstone. Vanillish needs to get up to 53 for it to learn blizzard then I'll let it evolve, it evolves into Vanilluxe at 47 but I'd need to wait until 59 for it to learn blizzard. Think I'll get the rest up to about 55-60 and just pray that STAB takes me through.

edit to add that I'll probably can Samurott, since Seismitoad has the water part down, any ideas of pokemon that would help me that I don't already have covered? Where can you catch this generation's pseudo-legendary and is it any good?

Edited by forehead7

Wtf is up with Aldar's pokemon? How come they're at like level 75 when the other elite four are at 50!! Serious training will be required to beat that cock then. Fuuuuuuu.

edit to add that I'll probably can Samurott, since Seismitoad has the water part down, any ideas of pokemon that would help me that I don't already have covered? Where can you catch this generation's pseudo-legendary and is it any good?

Done want to reveal too much so better put this in a spoiler in case anybody hasn't gotten that far.

You dont face Adler until you defeat the Elite 4 for the second time, when their pokemon are also in the 70's and they each have 6 an all. Thats what I am working towards. Thats part of teh strory so I wont reveal too much there either.

As for the pseudo-legendary, I aint really sure where you get them ( iw ill have a look), but for Zekrom or Reisheram, again it part of teh plot so I wont say anything, but when you catch whichever one it is, it is at lv. 50 and tbh they are good, but actually not defeatable, your vanillish would probably beat it easily.

If you read it I hope itr helps, btw how do you know Adler has such high level pokemon, I only guessed after I challenged the elite 4 again without realising they had seroiusly levelled up and just about shat myslef at the 20 level difference.

EDIT - as for yor team, depends what game you have, if its black and you catch reisheram then thats fire covered. If not then you might want to catch a Darmumate?? or the anteater fire thing in Victory road cannae mind its name. Also I love my cofagrigus, not the greatest attack, but its a bitch to kill.

EDIT 2 - The only pseudo-legenadry is Hydreigon, let me tell you you only face 1 and its a right pain in the arse to kill, took me a while, but its first form you can catch in the lowest level of Victory road at about lv. 39, Deino, but its rediculously rare to come across on and by the time you train it up, its probably not worth it,. Oh and having looked at your team, you are quiter a bit away from beating the elite 4, all of mine were about lv. 52 and it was a bit of a challenge, so just concentrate on getting them up, after that tmbecome realtively easy to level up and if you are clever you can get a good 3000exp from wild pokemon.

Edited by Widge