Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

NEW GAMES! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A

Going to need to buy a 3DS now.

Already got one but I haven't played black 2 since November and haven't even completed it yet. Guess I have an excuse now. Glad to see them risking a proper 3D engine, cause they had really gotten all they could not out of the old ones. Already know ill be picking the fire starter(pun intended) the other two don't look as good. The legendaries look naff tho.

The world graphics look crap but I'm assuming it's only a promo and not the final product.

Think it's time for me to buy White 2 and a 3D DS. Then get that. I may no longer be a teenager, but by god is this franchise still awesome.

Edited by Widge

Pokemon was never really the same after the likes of Silver & Gold IMO, maybe up to the likes of Ruby & Sapphire at a push. I thought it lost its appeal with the constant new characters. Money to be made I suppose.

I'm playing Pokemon Emerald atm, having a rare old time.

Barely touched White 2, got to the first gym so I could trade over Genesect then restarted to claim another and haven't touched it since.

Not sure I'll get this immediately. Not sure what the problem was, I played B/W so much and did loads of breeding and stuff post-game but just had no urgency to play B2W2.

Not sure I like them bringing out a new game within a year either, the spacing was quite nice with it being every few years between generations with them bringing out the yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum type games in between and the remakes.

I'll need to see come the summer if I can get a 3DS.

Barely touched White 2, got to the first gym so I could trade over Genesect then restarted to claim another and haven't touched it since.

Not sure I'll get this immediately. Not sure what the problem was, I played B/W so much and did loads of breeding and stuff post-game but just had no urgency to play B2W2.

Not sure I like them bringing out a new game within a year either, the spacing was quite nice with it being every few years between generations with them bringing out the yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum type games in between and the remakes.

I'll need to see come the summer if I can get a 3DS.

I'm enjoying the game, there's loads to do on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon was never really the same after the likes of Silver & Gold IMO, maybe up to the likes of Ruby & Sapphire at a push. I thought it lost its appeal with the constant new characters. Money to be made I suppose.

I'm playing Pokemon Emerald atm, having a rare old time.

Emerald is still the best Pokemon game IMO. Some of the ROM hacks you get online can be alright too, and they are mainly all based in Hoenn. There's even a weird game with zombies. laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

More news about X and Y has emerged. Obviouly the 3 starters have been announced, as have the two title characters. But there's going to be 99 new pokemon and a whole bunch of new features, including time travel (which links with the new bad guys in the story). Traditional 8 gymes, elite 4 and a head champion.

Here's the pokedex apparently.

Loving the thought of a grass/dragon type and a fire/psychic starter. Oh yeah and Houndoomed. :lol:

More news about X and Y has emerged. Obviouly the 3 starters have been announced, as have the two title characters. But there's going to be 99 new pokemon and a whole bunch of new features, including time travel (which links with the new bad guys in the story). Traditional 8 gymes, elite 4 and a head champion.

Loving the thought of a grass/dragon type and a fire/psychic starter. Oh yeah and Houndoomed. :lol:

I love the thought of Electric/Steel types and Fire/Water types. I might actually get a 3DS :D

Yeah, I wouldn't be believing Mr XY, he's pretty much guaranteed to be talking shit.

• 1 month later...

Found my GameBoy Color with Pokemon Yellow in it at the start of last month. Clocked up nearly 50 hours on it since, absolutely in love with it again. Going to buy a DS and one of the newer games as soon as I can afford it. Is there any point in getting a 3DS or would I be better off saving the money on a normal DS?

Had White for my 3DS before I sold it but it just wasn't the same.

Recently got Fire Red for an emulator on my phone. Had never played these remakes before. Absolutely tremendous!

• 2 months later...

Found my GameBoy Color with Pokemon Yellow in it at the start of last month. Clocked up nearly 50 hours on it since, absolutely in love with it again. Going to buy a DS and one of the newer games as soon as I can afford it. Is there any point in getting a 3DS or would I be better off saving the money on a normal DS?

Bit late for replying, but personally id fork out the extra for the 3DS, X&Y look like they are gonna be great and they are 3DS titles, so rather than having to fork out for one later if you decide to get them, id grab one now and your ready just incase. I do prefer mine from my DSI tbh tho

Bit late for replying, but personally id fork out the extra for the 3DS, X&Y look like they are gonna be great and they are 3DS titles, so rather than having to fork out for one later if you decide to get them, id grab one now and your ready just incase. I do prefer mine from my DSI tbh tho

I went with just a DSi I got off eBay for £30. As I'm buying neither of the next-gen consoles I'll just trade in the DSi and get a 3DS bundled with X or Y, whichever I choose.

Clocked up about 40 hours on Black 2 now, beat all the gyms but not yet at the Pokemon League. Still a load of stuff in the game I haven't touched, no idea how to do those Entralink side missions, and I don't even know where to begin with the breeding malarkey, so I could probably get another 40 hours out of it!

Going thru Heart gold again myself. Have a Scizor with the Technician ability, it truly makes him a force to be reckoned with. Basically technician doubles the damage of every move with a base damage of 60 or less. So 80 base quick attacks, false swipes, 100 base metal claw and best of all 120 base Aerial Ace. He's became my top physical hitter, even out classing my Gyrados

Gonna milk every legendary I can from this game before moving them to my black save. May also get platinum again while I wait for X/Y.

I've never owned a Lugia, so I'm gonna go out my way to grab one here.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

• 2 months later...