Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Right, I just got Silver on Tuesday, what are these events and gifts etc and how do you get in on them? :unsure:

I presume your internet access is via a wireless router?

If so, turn on your DS with the Pokemon game in it. Go to "WiFi Settings" instead of continue game.

Click on one of the blank saveable Wi-Fi settings. Then click "Search for Access Point". Your router should come up.

Enter in your router password etc and test and save the settings. Everything *should* work.

Note that your router passkey will have to be WEP proteciton and not WPK as the DS can't handle WPK. Change it if you need to using your computer and router settings.

Once that is saved, go back to the Pokemon main menu and click on "Mystery Gift". Then follow the relevant instructions and there should be an option including or implying "Wi-Fi". Choose that option and the Wi-Fi event should load an item. If I recall correctly, you get some random item in this instance which you then have to go to the Pokemart and talk to the green delivery dude. Save after that and in this case the new Pokewalker course should be unlocked, and in future events, you'll get items that enable you to do special events and get event Pokemon.

That's about the size of it, really.

Currently training up my dratini I received from the Dragons Den in pursuit of the Elite Four. I have raised it 10 levels so its now sitting pretty at level 25. I also got extremely lucky in that I got an adamant nature, which raises your attack stat at the expense of special attack, I believe.

When I evolve her into a Dragonite I plan on learning extreme speed, dragon dance, outrage and one other physical move. Any sugestions? I prefer one that complements the rest of her moves.

Anyways heres my team so far (bear in mind I plan on using Ho-Oh)

Feraligatr:

Ice fang

Slash

Waterfall

Crunch

Level 45

Venusaur:

Amnesia

Ingrain

Leech Seed

Petal Dance

Level 45

Ampharos:

Signal Beam

Thunder Wave

Flash

Discharge

Level 45

Jirachi:

Wish

Rest

Zen Headbutt

Draco Meteor

Level 45

I plan on raising those four and Ho-Oh to level 50. Hopefully get Dragonite as well at a push.

Edited by Turbo_dee

Didn't realise how good Lanturn is to have in your team, my level 45 one is unstopable against just about anything, bar rock and grass.

Beat the elite 4 with

Typhlosion, lv 44

Weepinbell, lv 43

Gyarados, lv42

Gravaler, lv45

Lanturn, lv 45

Skarmory, lv 36

This is on crystal, I aint cool enough to have bought the new ones. ;)

Having caught Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh (all with Dusk Balls) I decided that it was time to use my Masterball on Latias (as it's got a really high speed stat so is harder to pin down with Mean Look). That means I've only got Kyogre of the regulation non-roaming legendaries to obtain. No doubt when the Soul Dew Wi-FI event comes around I'll get Latios too.

Looking back at that list, I realise just how ridiculous the concept of "Legendary" has become. I mean, come on... I make it that you can catch 14 legendary Pokemon over HeartGold/SoulSilver without taking event based ones into account. (All those mentioned above plus Groudon in SS and Rayquaza if you trade a SS Groudon to HG or a HG Kyogre to SS).

14! I remember the days when it was the highlight of your life when you caught *a* legendary. I recall in Pokemon Yellow I knocked out Zapdos and didn't think to save before to try again, and I knocked out Moltres on the way to the Elite Four. I also remember getting stuck in the Seafoam Islands after successfully catching Articuno and having to knock my own party out so I would go back to a Pokemon Centre as I had no one with Dig or Teleport.

Reminiscing makes me sad. :(

Incidentally, is it possible to catch ALL Pokemon using just HeartGold / SoulSilver?

Can't seem to find any site online that just tells it clear what versions of Pokemon can be caught in each version.

Incidentally, is it possible to catch ALL Pokemon using just HeartGold / SoulSilver?

Can't seem to find any site online that just tells it clear what versions of Pokemon can be caught in each version.

Short answer is no. Loads of Pokémon can only be obtained by the Pal Park from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (Hoenn Pokémon) and all the Sinnoh Pokémon with few exceptions need transferred from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

As usual, however, there are version exclusives (i.e. those you'll find on HG but not SS and vice versa) which can be found here

I presume your internet access is via a wireless router?

If so, turn on your DS with the Pokemon game in it. Go to "WiFi Settings" instead of continue game.

Click on one of the blank saveable Wi-Fi settings. Then click "Search for Access Point". Your router should come up.

Enter in your router password etc and test and save the settings. Everything *should* work.

Note that your router passkey will have to be WEP proteciton and not WPK as the DS can't handle WPK. Change it if you need to using your computer and router settings.

Once that is saved, go back to the Pokemon main menu and click on "Mystery Gift". Then follow the relevant instructions and there should be an option including or implying "Wi-Fi". Choose that option and the Wi-Fi event should load an item. If I recall correctly, you get some random item in this instance which you then have to go to the Pokemart and talk to the green delivery dude. Save after that and in this case the new Pokewalker course should be unlocked, and in future events, you'll get items that enable you to do special events and get event Pokemon.

That's about the size of it, really.

Well it's just a cable modem I'm using but I do have a wireless router lying about doing nothing so I'll have a go at sorting it out later on. Cheers for the reply fella.

Just caugh Ho-Oh there. Got it down to 1hp and paralised. Took 4 ultra balls! biggrin.gif

You lucky b*****d!I have already accidently killed him three times and now he's down to 1 HP and paralysed. Its a race against time, will his extrasensory run out of PP before I catch the c**t. In this attempt I have wasted 15 dusk balls, 17 ultra balls, 1 quick ball and 3 heavy balls...

Edit: I posted this, and one dusk ball and three ultra balls later I caught Ho-Oh. Ah the joys. biggrin.gif

Was a fairly expensive battle, mind...

Edited by Turbo_dee

Alright, another query - and this one is weird:

Has anyone ever gotten a bad egg? I got a Dratini from the game corner in Goldenrod and had levelled it up to Lv 20. After shifting it to last in the party I checked a while later and instead of a Dratini in the 6th slot I had a bad egg holding my fucking soothe bell!

Now, I've tried to research wtf happened on my own but the common answer seems to be that you get them when you cheat using action replays. Well my game is brand new and I've never cheated on any Pokémon game so that answer is ruled out.

Any ideas as to what caused it?

Alright, another query - and this one is weird:

Has anyone ever gotten a bad egg? I got a Dratini from the game corner in Goldenrod and had levelled it up to Lv 20. After shifting it to last in the party I checked a while later and instead of a Dratini in the 6th slot I had a bad egg holding my fucking soothe bell!

Now, I've tried to research wtf happened on my own but the common answer seems to be that you get them when you cheat using action replays. Well my game is brand new and I've never cheated on any Pokémon game so that answer is ruled out.

Any ideas as to what caused it?

Sounds like a corrupt save file. You might have to start over, I'm afraid.

Sounds like a corrupt save file. You might have to start over, I'm afraid.

Dunno, I might just release it and continue. I stuck it in the box and carried on, no real problems since then apart from the DS itself which is dodgy and getting taken back to the shop tomorrow. It's crashed quite a few times which might well have resulted in a corrupt file.

Dunno, I might just release it and continue. I stuck it in the box and carried on, no real problems since then apart from the DS itself which is dodgy and getting taken back to the shop tomorrow. It's crashed quite a few times which might well have resulted in a corrupt file.

You can't release a Bad Egg.

I think your DS crashes might be the source of your problems. Bad Eggs result from game data being inconsistent. Ordinarily this will result from hacks, but it can also be a product of miscalculations and bad saves.

One solution (ironically) you might want to try is to get an Action Replay and use a code to change the Bad Egg into a conventional Pokémon then either use or release it.

Beat the elite four with:

Ampharos level 52: Flash, signal beam, thunder wave, discharge

Feraligatr level 51: ice fang, waterfall, crunch, thrash

Jirachi level 52: wish, draco meteor, zen headbutt, rest

Venusaur level 50: petal dance, ingrain, leech seed, amnesia

Electivire level 52: ice punch, thunder punch, earthquake, cross chop

Magmortar level 50: flamethrower, psychic, hyper beam, solar beam