Snow!

xbl

West Edinburgh is terrible

I'm heading through to Leith tomorrow. Apparently it's pretty bad there, too. In fact, the missus works in Marchmont were it was also pretty bad. Edinburgh seems to be experiencing the worst of it.

I'm heading through to Leith tomorrow. Apparently it's pretty bad there, too. In fact, the missus works in Marchmont were it was also pretty bad. Edinburgh seems to be experiencing the worst of it.

I am up the hill in the Currie area,it has been shocking up here. Leith was ok but i aint been there since Thurs. Bus and and train for a while i think..that way i can go for a pint or two.

Bus and and train for a while i think

That's it. Apparently, a few of the girls are heading through to Edinburgh tonight and are moaning they've been diverted from the M8 and have no idea where they're going. It wouldn't have happened if they'd taken the train...

That's it. Apparently, a few of the girls are heading through to Edinburgh tonight and are moaning they've been diverted from the M8 and have no idea where they're going. It wouldn't have happened if they'd taken the train...

Harthill to junc 4/3 is terrible. Main road linking the two major cities.I would laugh but it isn't funny.

Its not properly heavey, its just been on and off wee flurries for days. I don't mind it really, in fact, I wish it would snow a lot more! Its just annoying that it doesn't really go for it. It would be nice to have a good couple feet of snow at once rather than wee frozen dribbles.

Its not properly heavey, its just been on and off wee flurries for days. I don't mind it really, in fact, I wish it would snow a lot more! Its just annoying that it doesn't really go for it. It would be nice to have a good couple feet of snow at once rather than wee frozen dribbles.

How immature is that attitude?

There's currently over 10" of snow in my back garden, the bottom half of my street and my car parking area have been no go areas for anything other than 4x4s for over a week, bins haven't been emptied for the same period, God knows what it's costing cash-strapped local authorities to fight a losing battle trying to keep side roads and walkways open/safe, a lot of people are struggling to go about their daily business.

But that's all OK!

Xbass doesn't mind it, and wishes it would snow some more!

F'cking grow up!

Edited by LiviClyde

My car is fine in the snow, and before you complain my street is about 4" thick ice and I have a really steep hill at the end of my street as well.

Plus if it's cold it might as well look good in the snow.

So moan the snow!!!

F'cking grow up!

Whine whine whine, I love snow, and I love the cold weather. I much prefer snow to hot summers. It doesn't really put me out in any major way, apart from one wee scrape on my car. Why should I care what other people think when I am forming my opinion of snow?

Whine whine whine, I love snow, and I love the cold weather. I much prefer snow to hot summers. It doesn't really put me out in any major way, apart from one wee scrape on my car. Why should I care what other people think when I am forming my opinion of snow?

I'm actually the same. I play a lot of football and prefer it when it's cold rather than warm weather. I prefer cold weather to warm weather and do love snow. The only downside to snow for me is that games get called off and the safety hazards for traffic and particularly older people can be quite severe.

Stop being a humbug. Anyway, there's no pressing need for you to drive. ;)

I can walk to work, and I did on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday. However, in the process of doing so I managed to get ill which is probably making my ability to tolerate this ridiculous weather much less than it otherwise would be. It's not the point though. I don't want to walk, I want to drive my car. That's why I have it.

I don't mind it really, in fact, I wish it would snow a lot more! Its just annoying that it doesn't really go for it. It would be nice to have a good couple feet of snow at once rather than wee frozen dribbles.
Now that is a bit harsh. He didn't say he'd like two-weeks of near continual snowfall on a regular basis.

Harsh? I don't think so. He clearly doesn't give a toss about the disruption to business and the population at large, to say nothing of the cost to the taxpayer this current abnormal weather is causing. A couple of feet at once would shut the country down.

I can't call that sort of attitude anything other than immature and selfish. I shall therefore continue to whine.

My car is fine in the snow, and before you complain my street is about 4" thick ice and I have a really steep hill at the end of my street as well.

My car's fine as well thanks, it's a part-time 4x4 and I've never failed to get out of my street.

I have, however, spent a fair bit of my precious leisure time helping other less fortunate people whose cars couldn't cope, pushing/digging them out or even giving lifts on a couple of occasions.

It's called considering others.

Harsh? I don't think so. He clearly doesn't give a toss about the disruption to business and the population at large, to say nothing of the cost to the taxpayer this current abnormal weather is causing. A couple of feet at once would shut the country down.

I can't call that sort of attitude anything other than immature and selfish. I shall therefore continue to whine.

You know what, I really couldn't give a flying f**k about the disruption to business. And as for the population at large, its a bit of snow, not the apocalypse. We've had a couple of feet of snow before...and incredibly enough, I survived. Its a bit of an inconvenience. When its really hot in summer, with pensioners dying of heatwave, companies having to send their workers home, sunburn aplenty, are you on here slagging off anyone who likes the hot weather? No. So I really couldn't give a f**k. I like snow. I am more comfortable in the snowier weather. Its an inconvenience at times, but really, over the piece, its not that big a deal.

My car's fine as well thanks, it's a part-time 4x4 and I've never failed to get out of my street.

I have, however, spent a fair bit of my precious leisure time helping other less fortunate people whose cars couldn't cope, pushing/digging them out or even giving lifts on a couple of occasions.

It's called considering others.

So? I've given some of my neighbours a push out of my street. So what? Do you begrudge the time spent being a decent human being? I don't.

There's currently over 10" of snow in my back garden, the bottom half of my street and my car parking area have been no go areas for anything other than 4x4s for over a week, bins haven't been emptied for the same period, God knows what it's costing cash-strapped local authorities to fight a losing battle trying to keep side roads and walkways open/safe, a lot of people are struggling to go about their daily business.

But that's all OK!

F'cking grow up!

I was out in the snow the other day and stepped off the pavement and almost fell on my arse the snow was that deep. :angry: The good thing is the OAP's down the road can come and go as the like as their paths have been cleard and gritted. :rolleyes: