Snow!

xbl

Cumnock was shut! Mauchline was just as bad. I just didn't go in.

Steven's not been able to get his car out for 2 days.

A nice 4x4 driver was towing cars up a hill in Mauchline yesterday to help people out.

I'm wondering if my Council Tax covers grittars or grit for Tar-b, I've not seen a thing up here, it's like a time warp compared to Ayr.

1 hour 15 from Leith to Portobello via public transport. Should have walked it.

Ironically the first song on my mp3 player when I stepped out into 6 inches of snow was Sunshine On Leith.

LRT feked.

The Central is indeed fucked.

There's hardly any snow lying in town, and only 3-4 inches on the southside. It's a bloody embarrasment that our biggest city can be brought to a standstill by a few inches of snow.

I eventually joined the scrum to board a bus, and fucked off it a mile from home as it wasn't going anywhere. Dearie me.

I gave up at Central last night and started to walk home. A packed 44 bus went by me at Jamaica Street. An hour later I had got as far as Queen's Park station and the same bus was only 100 yards ahead of me at the top of Victoria Road.

Managed to get a Cathcart Circle train this morning but hardly any other trains running this morning, if they can't run the Neilston and Newton services then why not put those trains and drivers that are sitting doing hee haw round the Cathcart Circle so that at least some folk can get in and out of town, it would also let people in the likes of Kings Park and Muirend get within walking distance of their homes.

Made it into work - Haddington to Musselburgh along the A1 was down to a single lane so no overtaking but apart from that driveable at 40mph. 9 other people have made it out of a staff of 90. There'll be no soft southern poofter jibes here

Edited by Millfield Marksman

Made it into work - Haddington to Musselburgh along the A1 was down to a single lane so no overtaking but apart from that driveable at 40mph. 9 other people have made it out of a staff of 90. There'll be no soft southern poofter jibes here

I don't think the lack of attendees will be down softness, an easy opportunity for a day off would seem to be the most likely reason.

Don't think I've seen so much snow in years, crazy.

However, instead of getting excited about the snow, as I usually do, my first words were to do with transport problems.

That's when you know you're getting old.

Made it from Methil to Forfar with relative ease. only 20 minutes late. Conditions were pretty bad through central and southern fife but even the small roads I use were passable with care. Dundee is fine.

People need to get a grip. Looking at the traffic scotland cameras most of the main routes throughout the central belt are perfect.