Snow!

xbl

Same out in Luncarty. Very heavy again. Don't think I'll be going out tomorrow.

Was in Luncarty last night delivering pizzas with a mate and anything off the main road was all untreated. Can't really see what putting a load of salt/grit down will do as more fresh snow is just going to lie on top of what's already there.

Hasn't snowed for a few hours. However there was no library staff in today (I assume because of the weather) so I could not take out any short loan books for my Geography essay :angry:

I hit an old jakey with a snowball today, right in the back of the head. He was drinking wine out of a thermos flask at the time.

Probably mulled wine then. Lovely.

Was in Luncarty last night delivering pizzas with a mate and anything off the main road was all untreated. Can't really see what putting a load of salt/grit down will do as more fresh snow is just going to lie on top of what's already there.

The main road was just like an ice rink when I went out earlier. And the hill at the shop is horrible.

The M90 is at a standstill at Bridge Of Earn apparently, people wandering about outside their cars. Southbound and Northbound blocked by lorries.

I went through it this morning coming back from kinross and it was just absolutely mental. Ive been driving for 10 years this year and ive never experienced anything like it.

It took me 2 hours to do a 15 odd mile trip, had to get folk to help push me 3 or 4 times since ive got a rear wheel drive, which is just a nightmare in the snow.

Looking back, Im still shocked I managed to make it all the way back to my flat!

The M90 is at a standstill at Bridge Of Earn apparently, people wandering about outside their cars. Southbound and Northbound blocked by lorries.

Aye, I was one of them!

Coming from Carnoustie to Glenrothes. The Tay bridge was closed so had to dirvert via Perth. Got too within half a mile of the Bridge of Earn turnoff. Sat there for 3 and a half hours before being able to get off the motorway at bridge of earn. Chaos!

Only took 30mins to get home once we got off the motorway. Bet they are all still sitting there!

How'd you get on? I need to go from Kirkcaldy to Stirling tonight, but I'm probably just going to leave earlier. As far as I can tell online there's no issues other than five minute delays here and there.

I realise this is far too late to be of any use, but there were some problems with the trains around the time I was supposed to be leaving for work, so I never went. Seemed they actually cleared up after that, so I doubt there's much problem, it hasn't snowed here since about 2.

Thunder is really loud here. unsure.gif

I stayed up to watch the cricket last night and near shat myself at the thunder. That's as loud as anything i've ever heard (the stuff at 5am). Never experienced thundersnow before. It's raining here now but the forecast overnight is way below zero. Glad i took Monday/Tuesday off work now.

For those talking about the A9/M90 my folks were visiting family in Aberdeen this weekend (We stay in Motherwell) they left Aberdeen about 12ish and are now checked into the Gourdie Croft Premier Inn Dundee for the night because they just can't get out. Believe the police are now on the scene stopping traffic going any further as the road is now closed off.