HibeeJibee Retires from P&B...

HibeeJibee

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HJ was the sort of poster who knew everything and nothing about football.

In terms of the laws of the game, the teams involved, the grounds they've played at, competitions, structures, and the all round general history of the game, he was faultless. Put a tactics board in front of him, or have a manager chat to him about systems and he'd fall to pieces.

That's a bit like how Shankly (the Liverpool one, not his better brother) described referees - "They know the rules, but they don't know the game".

He was a decent contributor and would assist people with questions in relation to football.

But all this pish about people not showing reaspect is laughable.

Hope Swampy gets that patch so he can give Lusty Linda or Erotic Estelle more Lidls Lasagne :lol:

What are you talking about?

Why cant people be flippant about posters?Why do people (unlike you) have to bow to guys that stop posting? I included "unlike you" as you love the net and live by it.

Why cant people be flippant about posters?Why do people (unlike you) have to bow to guys that stop posting? I included "unlike you" as you love the net and live by it.

I think you missed his point. By quite a way too.

I think you missed his point. By quite a way too.

Why? Are you both in some kind of sect?Are you inflatable?

I don't know why you missed the point, although given your brainhurtingly fuckwitted post, I can hazard a guess.

Whether he's anything official or a volunteer, I don't know, but I believe he does the fixtures for the EoS.

He does and is making a good job. 50% through the season and 55% through the fixtures. Moaned like f**k on here about the state of the fixtures and ended up with the job

I thought he was the EoS fixture chappie too...perhaps the Uni thing is a smokescreen...throw us off the scent because of the new job in football.

I understand the accusations that the resignation was a tad over-dramatic and self-indulgent but, for all that, I really liked HJ. I'm a fairly recent convert to lower league Scottish fitba and PM'd him on a couple of matters (e.g. the Junior's retention system) rather than expose my ignorance to the wrath of the full forum. He took the time for a full reply. Good guy in my book.

All the best in whatever you're up to...

He always did have time for any poster with a genuine question

Well, this thread is proof if we ever needed it. For every decent poster, there are 100 complete bellends.

Correct

I sometimes wonder what goes in the pies in our Main Stand. There's only about 2 people from there, on here, who seem in the slightest bit normal. I still can't believe I'm older than HibeeJibee.

There's nae fucking way he's in his twentys like :lol::lol:

I don't know why you missed the point, although given your brainhurtingly fuckwitted post, I can hazard a guess.

This is probably the only time in your life you have beated around the bush.

Im still no clearer.What you talking aboot,ken?

As heedtheba said, he's not a kid. I had an idea who he is, then had some doubts recently. The knowledge displayed indicates admin experience at a club and/or league level (not just the recent EoS stuff). He also contributed to threads not related to football rules which were clearly the work of someone long past normal school or uni age.

To my knowledge, he's never been seen in the Ducket. BTU summed it up from a Berwick point of view, although...

Hibee-slash-Berwick fan

Fud

I refer my learned colleague to the observation I made earlier, as quoted above. I'd be very surprised if he's ever been South of the Tweed!

Unless, of course, you are implying that he has, in his psuedo-Celt-Hibee guise, attacked an innocent Berwicker with a bladed weapon of some sort!unsure.gif

Archived