HibeeJibee Retires from P&B...

HibeeJibee

PTI, but how the hell can you 'resign' from a website?

IIRC, we didn't sign any contracts or agree a salary. We aren't on a 9 to 5 P&B shift (apart from Kilt), and it seems a bit cringeworthy and childish (yes, I said that), that people are somewhat deliberating and 'boasting' about resiging.

I love P&B as much as the next guy, but when you get fed up, you 'sign out' or send a PM to the sight owner to delete your profile.

Mountains, molehills an' all that.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know it's strange but that list there isn't the same list as your original post.

I never resigned and I never demanded Dickson was banned in some sort of brinkmanship. Did I stop posting for a while? Yup certainly did. Personally I think I did something that a lot of posters should do. If someone fucks you off and the moderators refuse to act you then stop going to the site for a while. That's all.

However, you did do all of the things specified in your my list there. But to clarify, you never resigned and never demanded Dickson was banned in some sort of brinkmanship. But you did object to Dicksons posts. And when the mods didn't intervene, you objected again. And then when they didn't take your side, you decided to stop posting. And then you started a goodbye thread. I remember it, and I'm sure my impartial Morton supporting colleague there remembers it too.

I love P&B as much as the next guy, but when you get fed up, you 'sign out' or send a PM to the sight owner to delete your profile.

Speak for yourself. When I go, I'm going kicking and screaming, being smacked by the banhammer all the way.

The thread's gone, so I can't prove it.

How convenient for you.

I remember a thread where you admitted you loved the royal family, were a St.Mirren supporter and liked the company of other men. Sadly the thread is gone so I can't prove it but I know it's true... :rolleyes:

How convenient for you.

I remember a thread where you admitted you loved the royal family, were a St.Mirren supporter and liked the company of other men. Sadly the thread is gone so I can't prove it but I know it's true... :rolleyes:

You can ask Div if he has any backups from around the time of your resignation and that way we can settle this once and for all. You know fine well the site's been purged since then on the user's end.

You can ask Div if he has any backups from around the time of your resignation and that way we can settle this once and for all. You know fine well the site's been purged since then on the user's end.

Wish someone would purge you, or at least give you a mouthful.

However, you did do all of the things specified in your my list there.

Let's look at your original post...

I thought ricster had a pretty decent resignation! Demanded the banning of Dickson, announced that he would no longer be posting on here, started and then closed a thread announcing he was resigning, and then lurked for 3 months.

Those things in bold are lies. You can try and wriggle your way out of that all you wish.

All I did was stop posting for a while because Dickson was spreading lies about St.Mirren and the mods wouldn't act, yet would act when others wrote threads with lies in them. It was very clear inequity. The break did me good and I :wub: the Dickson now.

btw, this is something like 5 years ago, I am surprised people even care about it. I do only because, like the boldened post above, people seem to have a somewhat tenuous grasp of what actually happened.

You can ask Div if he has any backups from around the time of your resignation and that way we can settle this once and for all.

Er, you can, the burden of proof falls completely upon you, not me.

Keep up the good work, ayrmad.

Yours sincerely,

Swampy

Happy to help, I'm off for session of meditating now, I'll try and uncover some answers for you.

This is what I'm talking about when I refer to feeble chat. Some guy posting an ancient meme and getting the code wrong into the bargain.

Sorry sir ill let you get back to bitching on the internet.

All I did was stop posting for a while because Dickson was spreading lies about St.Mirren and the mods wouldn't act, yet would act when others wrote threads with lies in them. It was very clear inequity. The break did me good and I :wub: the Dickson now.

Where's the con...

Ahh, f**k it, I'll leave P&B's Mount Rushmore to continue chiselling the faces of one another.

I have no doubt that HibeeJibee is reading this thread, and I bet he's ITCHING to get involved!

Those things in bold are lies. You can try and wriggle your way out of that all you wish.

All I did was stop posting for a while because Dickson was spreading lies about St.Mirren and the mods wouldn't act, yet would act when others wrote threads with lies in them. It was very clear inequity.

btw, this is something like 5 years ago, I am surprised people even care about it. I do only because, like the boldened post above, people seem to have a somewhat tenuous grasp of what actually happened.

Its all a bit Father Ted. Your response to jibes about your resignation is the equivalent of a defensively stammered "that money was just resting in my account". You stopped posting and posted up a goodbye thread. That is a resignation.

Where's the con...

Ahh, f**k it, I'll leave P&B's Mount Rushmore to continue chiselling the faces of one another.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I like that post!

PTI, but how the hell can you 'resign' from a website?

IIRC, we didn't sign any contracts or agree a salary. We aren't on a 9 to 5 P&B shift (apart from Kilt), and it seems a bit cringeworthy and childish (yes, I said that), that people are somewhat deliberating and 'boasting' about resiging.

Mountains, molehills an' all that.

He actually noted that he had 'retired'. I've not seen a retiral on here before, only hissy fit resignations.

Archived