Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A very strange thing happened this morning. Had both laptops on, one my normal one on music downloading duty and the games laptop on youtube as I was watching some youtubers playing Rainbow Siege Six and I was using my blue tooth speakers on that when I heard a helicopter outside passing very low coming from the south (there's military exercises going on up here in the North of Scotland, RAF and Navy trying out some new toys). Saw it pass by very close to the house and then slowed right down and turned west. I stepped out of the house to watch it. This was a Navy Sea King with one of these big doppler radar domes on the side of it. Then it did a full circle stopping right above the houses a few doors down where it did a rotation while hovering, paused for a few seconds level with my house and moved off back on its original course towards the north.

A few gamers in the crew?

Maybe it was unmanned surveillance equipment with new softwear flagging up and telling the pilot to investigate what sounded like gunfire?? A guy on a pair of headphones would know not to bother and know blue tooth. Bluetooth surveillance is for beginners ffs.

Who knows???

^^ b*****dos are doing my tits in with their low flying shite during the exercise .

On a semi related note, the Business News at 5am today were on about the World's first commercial drone delivery service launched today .

In Rwanda :D, the whole bloody country rocks 4g, and fibre broadband is everywhere, and now first with the drones.

Ftr, it delivers blood to hospitals, flies @50 miles at 70/80mph then drops the blood via parachute.

We truly live in the 3rd World.

2 hours ago, CityDave said:

A very strange thing happened this morning. Had both laptops on, one my normal one on music downloading duty and the games laptop on youtube as I was watching some youtubers playing Rainbow Siege Six and I was using my blue tooth speakers on that when I heard a helicopter outside passing very low coming from the south (there's military exercises going on up here in the North of Scotland, RAF and Navy trying out some new toys). Saw it pass by very close to the house and then slowed right down and turned west. I stepped out of the house to watch it. This was a Navy Sea King with one of these big doppler radar domes on the side of it. Then it did a full circle stopping right above the houses a few doors down where it did a rotation while hovering, paused for a few seconds level with my house and moved off back on its original course towards the north.

A few gamers in the crew?

Maybe it was unmanned surveillance equipment with new softwear flagging up and telling the pilot to investigate what sounded like gunfire?? A guy on a pair of headphones would know not to bother and know blue tooth. Bluetooth surveillance is for beginners ffs.

Who knows???

Transformers 5 filming across the land has been causing helicopter-related annoyance too. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Big helicopters are so strange to see. They just shouldnt work. Hanging there in the air looking sinister as f**k.

I once seen an Apache flying overhead. It is possibly the scariest fucking thing iv ever seen. Looks like some sort of insect but could easily have levelled the entire area.

That's um plenty.

2016-10-14-20-35-49-1911922900.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Was using a steam powered vibrator where the saying "she's having an attack of the vapours" came from?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-15/the-history-of-the-vibrator/7925988

Not convinced but it was directed against a shower of fannies the last time 'vapours' was used on the boards ;)

On 9/6/2016 at 17:14, The_Kincardine said:

There is no 'head in the sand burying' from me - I stated clearly that I, "Doubt its value from a brand strategy PoV."  

However, let's stick to the particular: Nothing happened on Saturday that merited you ghirls having a touch of the vapours.  Of course, your histrionics are amusing but tediously predictable and I think it's best to hurl the sectarian/bigoted/revellers-in-Catholic-deaths epithets around when it's based on something real rather than something possible.

Edited by The_Kincardine

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Big helicopters are so strange to see. They just shouldnt work. Hanging there in the air looking sinister as f**k.

I once seen an Apache flying overhead. It is possibly the scariest fucking thing iv ever seen. Looks like some sort of insect but could easily have levelled the entire area.

Surely it would be scarier if they dressed it up like a clown & armed it with a kitchen knife? 

Grimbo 

Having never felt nervous for interviews myself, well not now I've done quite a few. I've just dropped of the Gf at hers and suddenly I'm feeling nervous for her.

Not nervous enough to not consume a full Scottish with some juice and a strong black coffee, but you get my drift.