Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

38 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

BBC Scotland's entire Hogmanay coverage is horrific.

Quit moaning, I’m in engerland, so had to watch BBC England, I’m pining for Jackie Bird right now, although London’s fireworks were fucking impressive 

It’s the first time I’ve seen it in 10 years. Fucking hell, it’s astonishingly bad.

It really is. Scottish football has had very little going on for 15-20years, so Only An Excuse has been starved of oxygen and is now brain dead. So much so they have to reference various stuff with nothing to do with Scottish football. This material is also terrible.

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Polish guys round the corner setting fireworks off from a black and decker workmate bench.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

At least they aren't doing it from an  STF-L09 using Tapatalk.

It really is. Scottish football has had very little going on for 15-20years, so Only An Excuse has been starved of oxygen and is now brain dead. So much so they have to reference various stuff with nothing to do with Scottish football. This material is also terrible.

There’s fucking plenty of material for them to use, they’re just fucking hopeless at choosing the correct stuff and pulling it off.

Not just that though.

Sure the Terrace podcast done an hours episode on stuff that could be ripped the pish out of on it, this discussion has come up plenty.

If there’s one thing we’re good at in Scottish football it’s ripping the pish out of ourselves and ridiculous things happening.

The **** could’ve had a 24 hour show to themselves with everything that’s went on there and all their statements/attempts to get McInnes/Mexican Influx stuff

Caixinha with a lot of things but in particular the hedge

Murty and his headstand

Ian Cathro episode

Laptop discussion

Rod Stewart and that cup draw

Austin McPhee and McKinnon

Bt sports panel in particular Sutton

The stewards attempt to stop the Rangers pitch invasion at Firhill

Griffiths and the Bucky bottle

The Mark McGhee incident

Game stopped for Lino spewing

Just off the top of my head but there’s so much stuff going on here that’s just ridiculous at times and they should be able to make a half decent show every year taking the piss out of the game. Definitely enough going on to make some good sketches from. Christ.

Not just that though.

Sure the Terrace podcast done an hours episode on stuff that could be ripped the pish out of on it, this discussion has come up plenty.

If there’s one thing we’re good at in Scottish football it’s ripping the pish out of ourselves and ridiculous things happening.

The **** could’ve had a 24 hour show to themselves with everything that’s went on there and all their statements/attempts to get McInnes/Mexican Influx stuff

Caixinha with a lot of things but in particular the hedge

Murty and his headstand

Ian Cathro episode

Laptop discussion

Rod Stewart and that cup draw

Austin McPhee and McKinnon

Bt sports panel in particular Sutton

The stewards attempt to stop the Rangers pitch invasion at Firhill

Griffiths and the Bucky bottle

The Mark McGhee incident

Game stopped for Lino spewing

Just off the top of my head but there’s so much stuff going on here that’s just ridiculous at times and they should be able to make a half decent show every year taking the piss out of the game. Definitely enough going on to make some good sketches from. Christ.

How much of that is mainstream enough to entertain the general public? Many of whom don’t avidly follow Scottish football anymore. Two or three at a push. It’s a character based show with no characters, or at least not ones that anyone cares about.

That said, surely they could make a better fist of it.