Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 15/01/2018 at 19:09, coprolite said:

I made curried sprouts for xmas dinner. I was sure I had seen it on telly but my good lady thought I was just making it up.

It has only just dawned on me that my inspiration was a johnny fartpants story.

I'm not up-to-date on the thread yet, but I have to ask:

1. Were they any good?
  2. If so, are you willing to share the recipe? Love me a sprout.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm not up-to-date on the thread yet, but I have to ask:

1. Were they any good?
  2. If so, are you willing to share the recipe? Love me a sprout.

They were delicious. sauteed in butter, shredded streaky bacon (browned this in the pan before adding butter) , garam massala, turmeric and a bit of lemon rind for about 20 mins.  This was accompanied by red cabbage, sauteed in butter, 2 cinamon sticks, 2 star anise, some cloves and a splash of white wine vinegar -45 mins on a low heat.

avoid naked flames.

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They were delicious. sauteed in butter, shredded streaky bacon (browned this in the pan before adding butter) , garam massala, turmeric and a bit of lemon rind for about 20 mins.  This was accompanied by red cabbage, sauteed in butter, 2 cinamon sticks, 2 star anise, some cloves and a splash of white wine vinegar -45 mins on a low heat.

avoid naked flames.

You didn't have to parboil them first?

5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-42834380

Somebody needs to tell these stupid c***s that Saturday is the Sabbath. They've been blaspheming at least once a week since they were old enough to go to church.

I waited 2 hours for a lift in Harris many years ago. Finally a car appeared with a minister telling me I shouldn't be hitching on a Sunday. As he drove off leaving me behind gobsmacked, I thought to say, "Well you shouldn't be fucking driving then you c**t", but it was too late.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-42834380
Somebody needs to tell these stupid c***s that Saturday is the Sabbath. They've been blaspheming at least once a week since they were old enough to go to church.

Listen im all for folk worshipping whichever sky fairy they want, they can keep whichever sabbath, fri/sat/sun they want holy, but id never allow these fuckers to dictate to me when I could go shopping or play golf or whatever I wanted to do. If they want to keep a sabbath fucking let them, but forcing their religious beliefs on everyone is exactly the same thing the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Its about time we got religious leaders out of parliament, off school and health boards and let people make a free choice.

On 27/01/2018 at 01:16, Bert Raccoon said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mcdonalds-nugget-horror-scots-teen-11918625

Teen finds Chicken  "foot" in her McNuggets, looks for compensation.

Best line being, 

The 16-year-old said: "No being funny but I didnae want chicken toes in my chicken nugget last night. Bellshill McDonalds ya worst c***.

homer-facepalm.jpg

Her nails are shite. She should be directing her anger at whoever did those for her. 

"This is disgusting!  I'll never be eating at this filthy restaurant again, disgraceful!

Also, please give me compensation"

I also see from that link that the cops in Glasgow have bravely raided a swingers party while tipping off the Record so they can take photographs of the attendees.  Really brave police work and fearless journalism.  Appreciate the intervention of one of our elected officials as well to ask the police to put a stop to something they've just established is breaking no laws.  So much bravery, I'm moved to tears.