Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just giving a wee update on the wifes gran who I have been slagged for saying I dislike for among other reasons, not making us a cup of tea when we visit.

During the snow, a male home help battled his way in to see here and do whatever it is she needs done by them. She responded by phoning up and requesting that he not be sent again.... Why? You might ask, was it because she doesnt want a male home help??

Nope, he has that black mark against him now for the crime of being "yin ae they foreign yins"

This is why I don't want to work with the elderly. More often than not, they are spiteful, racist, self entitled, petty fucking brainless twats who should f**k off and stop using up valuable resources for no other reason than to keep spouting their Shite.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

With reference to an earlier P&B debate:

As I moved flat at the weekend, a removal guy lifted the fridge up a flight of stairs on his back.

Fridge - plausible. Washing machine - implausible.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This is why I don't want to work with the elderly. More often than not, they are spiteful, racist, self entitled, petty fucking brainless twats who should f**k off and stop using up valuable resources for no other reason than to keep spouting their Shite.

Do you think that today’s young people will be different once they reach old age?

I’d really like to think that in 30, 40 or 50 years we would have a more enlightened and tolerant society but I’m not sure we will.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

With reference to an earlier P&B debate:

As I moved flat at the weekend, a removal guy lifted the fridge up a flight of stairs on his back.

Fridges are light - the ridiculous claim was about washing machines. Did he have to move one of them?

Do you think that today’s young people will be different once they reach old age?

I’d really like to think that in 30, 40 or 50 years we would have a more enlightened and tolerant society but I’m not sure we will.

Not sure I agree. Its hard to know what the unacceptable language of the future will be but generally, tolerance among young folk I would say is very good. Perhaps owing to the fact that few of them take their moral compass from "the good book" of outdated shite.

Eta... As long as all agree that the gran is an auld boot

In 30 years time, young people won't understand the hardship and won't help enough, bunch of dosset wee hoors.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure I agree. Its hard to know what the unacceptable language of the future will be but generally, tolerance among young folk I would say is very good. Perhaps owing to the fact that few of them take their moral compass from "the good book" of outdated shite.

Eta... As long as all agree that the gran is an auld boot

I hope you are correct.  I agree that many young folk today are not as racist, sexist and homophobic as the older generations.  Sadly there are still a high percentage who are all these things.

I am willing to concede the auld bootiness of your wife’s gran.

I hope you are correct.  I agree that many young folk today are not as racist, sexist and homophobic as the older generations.  Sadly there are still a high percentage who are all these things.

I am willing to concede the auld bootiness of your wife’s gran.

If you consider the relative success and acceptance of various campaigns against homophobia and transphobia for example.... How would gender fluidity have gone down 30 years ago? There is no doubt that in terms of being accepting of people different to ourselves, gender fluidity/reassignment is way up the scale of things that are very difficult for the average mind to comprehend. Lack of comprehension generally leads to contempt.

For those communities to be making big strides towards general acceptance really speaks to the open mindedness of the youth of today.

Of course, f**k knows what else the human race can conjure in the next 40 years that todays young team, once old and jaded, might deem unacceptable. We are a strange species after all.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

In 30 years time, young people won't understand the hardship and won't help enough, bunch of dosset wee hoors.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If you consider the relative success and acceptance of various campaigns against homophobia and transphobia for example.... How would gender fluidity have gone down 30 years ago? There is no doubt that in terms of being accepting of people different to ourselves, gender fluidity/reassignment is way up the scale of things that are very difficult for the average mind to comprehend. Lack of comprehension generally leads to contempt.

For those communities to be making big strides towards general acceptance really speaks to the open mindedness of the youth of today.

Of course, f**k knows what else the human race can conjure in the next 40 years that todays young team, once old and jaded, might deem unacceptable. We are a strange species after all.

This firmly falls into the category of "evolving as a person" discussion GD and I had yesterday on another thread in that many people are unwilling or simply don't change their opinions/thought process in line with the ever changing World we live in, hence you end up with grumpy old "in my day" b*****ds that appear obsolete to the rest of us.

Will some of the youth of today fall into this category in 30/40 years time? Definitely! We've already seen examples of intolerance by younger generations in simply demanding various things banned as opposed to engaging in debate to why such things exist or happen and their reasoning why they shouldn't.

Simply put: Some people will continue to evolve alongside the World and some won't and remain stuck in the past.

I'm going to be in Milan in May and so I thought I'd take the opportunity to see a match in the San Siro.  It's Inter vs Sassuolo so tickets have been reduced to €45 for anywhere in the stadium and I thought I'd stretch that far.  That is until I saw the booking fee of €21. 

€21 booking fee?  Get lost.