Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

11 hours ago, MeadowArab said:
On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:41, AsimButtHitsASix said:
My landlord has decided to stop doing my flat as a private let and has handed it over to a letting agency. I was all in favour of this as he was a snakey evil b*****d. But I just got my copy of the contract to sign. Some of the great parts include:
Tenants are responsible for upkeep of garden (fair enough) but also for buying all the stuff needed to do the garden. f**k that mate.
A "discretionary" £350 plus VAT (minimum) payment to the letting agency for any month the flat sits empty after I leave my contract (not if I leave it early. Just if they can't get anyone in even if my contract is up and I've fucked off)
A £75 administration fee for handing any contracts. This includes when I sign to stay living in the place I am currently in and again every six months as they only do six month contracts.
I have to leave my room unlocked at all times during the last two months of the tenancy in case they want to show anyone around. If they come round and my room is locked I will be charged £50.
If I wish to make any changes to the contract these will cost £125 plus VAT per change.

Oh yeah. This is all dated from "1st September" as my moving in date even tho' they only sent me the contract today.

Phoned them up with a big fat "naw" and they said I need to vacate by 1st October. This was met with a bigger, fatter "naw". So now they want to discuss terms tomorrow. Whether I stay or find somewhere else I am now aiming to be the most annoying tenant they've ever had. Money grabbing b*****ds.

If you live in Scotland, some of that is illegal as far as I know. Citizens advice bureau can help, or shelter Scotland.

Well their "counter offer" is:

It's up to us to buy any tools we need for the garden. The lawnmower previously supplied died on its arse last year and the grass aint been cut since while we've argued with the landlord about getting a new one (it was in the previous contract it was up to him to supply us with this stuff). So I'm still saying "naw" to this. They've moved the goalposts and are giving us an unexpected expense.

They said they wont bother with the £350 and £75 fees for leaving the flat unoccupied or renewing my lease but have also said they need to get a solicitor in to change any contracts so they'll leave it in the contract but I can ignore it (I guess I can because I have that in writing via e-mail) and the £125 cost is using a solicitor so they can't change that part but will just have a "gentleman's agreement" about it.

They're not budging on the locked door thing.

My counter offer is "buy us a fucking lawnmower, change the contract and ye can let folk in my room to swatch it as long as you pay for anything that gets nicked or damaged while I'm out without question."

On the other hand I am going to NZ in feb and I'm a wee bit behind on my savings. There's some dosshouses near me in Seven Sisters where I can get a single room for about £250pcm less. Tiny, basic room, clean enough, shared kitchen and showers and free wifi. Only a twenty minute walk to work. I can deal with leaving this place, living there for six months, and then looking more seriously for something when I get back. So might just tell them I'm leaving at the end of the month and to use my deposit as the last month's rent.

That's atrocious. Firstly, why does the defender make that pass? There was an easy pass inside to the player in the centre circle. She could also have switched it to the totally unmarked winger on the other side.

Secondly, does the keeper just forget that she can use her hands?

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

She can't use her hands as it's a backpass. She still fucked it up, though. 

But surely you'd rather concede a free kick than a goal?! If a defender did it they'd be sent off and a penalty given but keepers get away with that (save for giving away a free kick in the box).

Edited by DA Baracus