Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, ICTChris said:
YouGov have revealed the most popular dining brands in the UK
EGRjRIeWsAAAgip?format=jpg%26name=small&key=aeea0af711c8e81d3d8469205b42c573f6e656743f4c5e723b8ca736cc2923e2

This country is going to the dogs.  Utter dung.

Hard pushed to think of a more over-rated eatery than Greggs.

I can see several on that list tbf.

35 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Gregg's made the schoolboy error of pitching up next to Clark's bakery in Lochee High Street. They've since shut up shop...

Surprised the Clarks in Lochee is still open, what with it being above average pricing. 

If like to see a regional break down of those results, there is no good reason to visit Gregg's, Spoons, Pizza Hut, Subway, Pizza Express, Costa, Domino's or Toby.
All their local restaurants/ supermarket equivalent piss all over those "eateries" Costa serves shite coffee so why go there for scran?

Greggs is convenient, quick to get something, and cheap as chips. Spoons, especially in London, is affordable. I don’t bother going to Spoons much anymore but when I was broke as f**k it was a decent option to meet up with folk.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Greggs is convenient, quick to get something, and cheap as chips. Spoons, especially in London, is affordable. I don’t bother going to Spoons much anymore but when I was broke as f**k it was a decent option to meet up with folk.

Geggs is shite compared to just about any local bakers in Scotland, one can only presume England has ditched their bakeries for a terrible chain.

Spoons funds arch arse Tim Martin and is best avoided.

Wetherspoons food is absolutely grim, but admittedly some of them have a decent enough beer selection. Not been for a long time though.

Greggs though, have some self respect.
Can't comment on the beer selection but if you put 5 pints of Strongbow in front of me and asked me to identify the one from Spoons I could do it quite easily. I don't know what they do to it but every establishment seems to be the same. It's like soda water with a dash of apple juice.

Can't comment on the beer selection but if you put 5 pints of Strongbow in front of me and asked me to identify the one from Spoons I could do it quite easily. I don't know what they do to it but every establishment seems to be the same. It's like soda water with a dash of apple juice.

If I’ve ever been there I indulge in the bottles of world beers for that very reason.

Why you would ever choose strongbow is another matter.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:
Wetherspoons food is absolutely grim, but admittedly some of them have a decent enough beer selection. Not been for a long time though.

Strongbow's next marketing slogan right there

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Correct. Wetherspoons is brutal, I once witnessed a worker in a spoons restaurant eating the chips off a plate he was taking to a table. 

I like Spoons. Obviously its low quality food, but if you're paying £5 for a burger, chips and a pint it's hardly going to be gourmet stuff is it.

Absolute value for money, and usually a good pint in the one I would go to as well. 

Shame you end up in another fucking dimension when you need a pish though

21 minutes ago, deej said:

I like Spoons. Obviously its low quality food, but if you're paying £5 for a burger, chips and a pint it's hardly going to be gourmet stuff is it.

Absolute value for money, and usually a good pint in the one I would go to as well. 

This. The one in the Ferry do a pretty decent breakfast for £5. Both in size and quality. 

The pints in the two Spoons (that I know of) in Dundee/Ferry are usually on the upper scale of quality too, tbh. 

It's a decent place for an afternoon pint. Got to be out of there by about 6pm though. 

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Wetherspoons is for underagers and minks. Shite drink, shite food, shite owner, shite customers and more often than not the toilets are fucking miles away from the bar.

Is Wetherspoons still round on Tay Street, Tam?