Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just now, throbber said:

No I am fucking not - i paid for food from marks and Spencer’s for several adults to enjoy whilst they raided my fridge of all my beer. The people who showed up and didn’t contribute to the party are the ones who are tight fisted.

So you invite people round to your house, and expect them to bring their own food and drink? Some fucking host, you!

So you invite people round to your house, and expect them to bring their own food and drink? Some fucking host, you!

Food no, drink yes if they are planning on drinking. I take drink to their houses when i plan on drinking and wouldn’t just show up and help myself. You can sarcastically say I’m a shit host but do you think it’s cheap to buy food for 10 adults from Marks and Spencer’s ?

17 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Someone should put together a Throbber's best bits. It would be dynamite. Easily my top P&B poster

Mods! This merits a one day ban for the Poster to reflect upon the error of his ways.

My girlfriends sister was in Edinburgh for a wedding and no one had seen her and her 2 year old for a few months and they were staying with us on the Sunday, my girlfriend sent invites out organising a get together with her family as we hadn’t seen each other in a while, it was the child’s birthday and we had just moved into her house. I had spent the morning organising stuff for the party including buying a pretty expensive spread from Marks and Spencer’s for everyone and I went to pick up the SIL and her spouse and child from the train station for the party and when I got back several of the guests were tucking into my beer and no one bought any to the party.

Really, if anything, you failed to stock for a party you were hosting then?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Food no, drink yes if they are planning on drinking. I take drink to their houses when i plan on drinking and wouldn’t just show up and help myself. You can sarcastically say I’m a shit host but do you think it’s cheap to buy food for 10 adults from Marks and Spencer’s ?

There's no shame in having no money but if you can't afford to host a party properly, don't host a party.

You have previous for this cheapskatery.

1 minute ago, philpy said:

I'm with throbs on this one, if you turn up to a party empty-handed, you are a c**t. It's common decency to take some food or drink with you.

^^^turned up uninvited at my boat with f**k all.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I wouldn't take food to a party. I'd take my own booze though.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I am also in agreement with Throbber. If I’m going to be drinking at someone’s house, I’ll take some with me as well. Just the done thing is it not?

A house party, yes. But it was a Christening.