Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

19 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

In the Lent episode of Father Ted, the three protagonists give up cigarettes, alcohol and rollerblading. Their cravings quickly become so powerful that they start hallucinating the objects of they are deprived in the most unlikely places. 

Claire Robinson appears to be seing cock in the most unlikely places. It's not hard to join the dots. 

Louisiana woman, 40, who used Gorilla Glue to style her hair gets $12,000 removal treatment from LA plastic surgeon and is 'recovering well'

• Tessica Brown, 40, from Violet, Louisiana, was seen leaving the offices of plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Obeng in Los Angeles on Wednesday
  • Obeng offered her a free treatment that would normally cost $12,000, he said
  • Treatment is expected to take at least three sessions to remove the Gorilla Glue 
  • arriving in Los Angeles on Wednesday in a red hooded sweatshirt and white cap  
  • Tessica stunned social media users last week when she shared on TikTok that she had sprayed Gorilla Glue on her hair after she ran out of Göt2b Glued Spray 
  • After washing her hair over a dozen times, she went to the ER, where healthcare workers tried removing the glue with acetone wipes that burned her scalp 
  • On Tuesday, her hairdresser cut off her long ponytail to try to ease her pain 
  • Tessica set up a GoFundMe following the viral reaction to her story and has raised more than $18,000 to spend on wigs and medical treatment
  • In a recent interview, she admitted she regrets posting the video because of the public scrutiny and criticism she and her children have faced 
  • The mom also noted that she has been suffering from 'extreme headaches' and was warned by doctors that she may have permanent scalp damage 
  • Tessica denied reports that she spent 22 hours in the hospital and hired an attorney to weigh her legal options against Gorilla Glue for
  • Gorilla Glue released a statement about the 'unique situation' on social media Monday, saying the label states: 'Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing
  • 39049944-9248471-image-m-63_161302637245

Despite the onslaught of criticism, the mom has also received plenty of support, including messages from Missy Elliott, Chance the Rapper, and Beyoncé's hairstylist, Neal Farinah, who offered her a wig.

'A lot of people want to give me hair,' she said, 'but the reason I wasn't accepting it is because I don't want people to be like, 'Oh, that's why she did it.''

Since Tessica first shared her story last week, she has racked up hundreds of thousands of followers across her social media accounts. She now has more than 866,000 fans on TikTok and over 756, 000 on Instagram. 

Her Instagram account has even been verified with a blue check, something that is usually only given to celebrities and public figures.  

She has also updated her bio to include an email address for her new manager — suggesting that she may have already been sent partnership opportunities by brands eager to capitalize on the viral interest surrounding her sticky saga. 

Tessica started a GoFundMe account with a goal of $1,500 to buy the wigs she was told she would need, but she has raised more than $18,000 in donations as of Wednesday.

39090416-9248471-Whoa_Tessica_started_a_

On 10/02/2021 at 15:34, tamthebam said:

It was actually invented by the Croats, to prevent sword slashes to the throat, and the French adopted the idea. The Croatian for "Croat" is Hvrat which is why the French for tie is "Cravatte"

As for being a phallic symbol I'd better just wear my thick ties to work rather than the thin ones. There's a few cheesy ties in the collection too...

MTFC tie.jpg

1 minute ago, 101 said:

We are going to fall out.

Why would someone wear a piece of clothing that could easily kill them.

Oh, look at me, isn't my tie brilliant. Yeah, sure. Until you get it caught in a lathe or a pencil sharpener and it slowly chokes you to death.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Why would someone wear a piece of clothing that could easily kill them.

Oh, look at me, isn't my tie brilliant. Yeah, sure. Until you get it caught in a lathe or a pencil sharpener and it slowly chokes you to death.

It cheers up a suit, instead of being a vision on grey, black or navy it looks different. But if you aren't going to wear a tie at least wear a cut away collar otherwise it looks odd.

I don't work with machinery or use pencils but I'm both those cases you can opt of a bow tie.

18 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

His show on BBC4 makes me feel stoned. Very chilled viewing. 

image.jpeg.88ff15dc0bedc0f916a26c679653e4c2.jpeg

18 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I noticed they've started repeating it on BBC4. I've made that rookie mistake in the past of thinking "I've seen this one before...it's the one where he paints some mountains with a lake in the foreground..."

Like 70% of the episodes.

Without wanting to come across all "Henrik Larsson cured my depression", when I was feeling pretty low last year these repeats on BBC4 actually did help to lift my mood and I ended up re-watching just about every episode on Youtube. A great show by a great guy, it's therapy really. 

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

It cheers up a suit, instead of being a vision on grey, black or navy it looks different. But if you aren't going to wear a tie at least wear a cut away collar otherwise it looks odd.

I don't work with machinery or use pencils but I'm both those cases you can opt of a bow tie.

Suits are relics of a bygone age. Wearing one for work is ridiculous unless you're a lawyer or something. For at least 95% of jobs you shouldn't be wearing anything flashier than a polo shirt and a pair of jeans. You're here to bring your damn lunch pail (did I use that right @AmericanFan), not to strut your stuff down a catwalk. Save your suit for special occasions, such as a close family members wedding or managing a football team in a cup final.

Every time I see someone wearing a bow tie, I instantly assume they're registered with either the Conservative Party or the list of sex offenders. So unfortunately, a bow tie isn't an option.

34 minutes ago, G51 said:

Suits are relics of a bygone age. Wearing one for work is ridiculous unless you're a lawyer or something. For at least 95% of jobs you shouldn't be wearing anything flashier than a polo shirt and a pair of jeans. You're here to bring your damn lunch pail (did I use that right @AmericanFan), not to strut your stuff down a catwalk. Save your suit for special occasions, such as a close family members wedding or managing a football team in a cup final.

Every time I see someone wearing a bow tie, I instantly assume they're registered with either the Conservative Party or the list of sex offenders. So unfortunately, a bow tie isn't an option.

This is correct. I moved from an apprentice engineer to a technical position in the office when my time was up, the general manager at that point told me I needed to be more presentable. I came into work with a shirt and trousers on, obviously to much hilarity of my colleagues. Whilst the banter was going on HR overheard me saying to a colleague that the GM had told me I had to smarten up, she pulled me into her office and told me that I should not have been told that and I only need to dress smartly if a customer is visiting me specifically. I've worn a shirt to work since then about 3 times. Not sure I worked any harder on those days. Outdated principle. 

57 minutes ago, G51 said:

I like a suit as it means when I get home and get changed I'm completely out of work mode.

Kilt is for those occasions surely? Maybe morning coat for a wedding if you're not into kilts.

I like a doc in a bow tie but otherwise agree with your assessment.

Its mental how the suit has become the symbol of a man of power/influence/to be taken seriously, when historically such positions allowed one to knock up an extravagant headdress, be carried about on a big chair by serfs etc. How did we become so boring....

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:

Its mental how the suit has become the symbol of a man of power/influence/to be taken seriously, when historically such positions allowed one to knock up an extravagant headdress, be carried about on a big chair by serfs etc. How did we become so boring....

I agree tbh but it would be cultural appropriation for a wee Scottish guy to don one and I guess colonies killed off wide spread traditional wear combined with the fact it's a pain. I get why folk wear jeans and a t-shirt because you can fling them in a washing machine but nothing looks better imo than proper fitting suit and shirt but it does carry way to much power behind it, it is just cloth at the end of the day.

Shame the kilt never made it into work wear. Even like the proper get up is really nice, bit much for day to day work but still makes a mockery of folk who pitch up at a wedding in shortbread tartan, timbys and one of those beige string shirts.

image.png.adce646734664b82d274312d7585eb7b.png