Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

There comes a point where if you have a bit more or a bit less money has absolutely no bearing on any aspect of your wellbeing and life and the decision to not pay due tax set against this context can reasonably be construed to be because you don't like the idea of your money helping other people who might benefit from the services your taxes support. I think there are quite a few notable incidents over the last few years to support this thesis in the case of Jim Ratcliffe.
I would greeny this a million times if I could.

Bravo.

36 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Someone told me they are scared of black guys have all kind of things they do when they pass them in the street. Are they racist?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes. To what extent is unclear but they are characterising an entire race, which is racism.

But women characterising the entire male population is ok? 

When is it ok to stereotype, when is it not ok? Does anyone know anymore?

11 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Was talking to my wife about this - she and the writer are right, men have no idea how much this factors into every decision women make when they're out and about. My wife says every time she's walking somewhere and a man is coming the other way she does a quick assessment of how likely he is to be a threat and then crosses the road, goes into a shop, pretends to be on her phone if she thinks there's a chance of getting hassle. I couldn't imagine living my day to day life like that. Shite state of affairs.

Shite state of affairs obviously.   We certainly shouldn’t have a society where women constantly feel threatened in their day to day activities.   However I think we need to recognise this as a complex issue.   The tweet is suggesting men have no idea what it’s like being in fear of a violent attack.  However men are statistically twice as likely to experience it.  Are men just more arrogant ‘it won’t be me’, or are attacks on men more calculated?  I certainly feel I need to have my wits about me more if I feel the atmosphere change in the pub for example.  Perhaps the violent attacks on men occur in scenarios where you get the idea that things aren’t right but it’s more likely to happen to a women any time.   What’s the stats on a ‘stranger’ attacking you comparing gender? Is the high stats on men being attacked distorted by victims being part of rival gangs?  

I find it a little tough to say in the current society women are justified in being scared of men.  Simply you are not likely to be attacked.   So why are there tweets like this reporting many feeling that way?  Is it media driven?  Or are the amount of uncomfortable situations women are put in distorting the fear of attack. Is this this fear of violence actually a manifestation of a more justified worry of creeps?

tried desperately there to put my point across and it not sexist/ I may have failed in places.  Just trying to broaden my understanding beyond just saying it’s shite and we need to get our act together which is obvious.

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Good to see my boy's school getting the man bun brigade telt:

Screenshot_20200925-154920_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Looks like you have enrolled him in a private school for c***s.  If that’s the case this is on you,   If not it’s your duty to get your son to break as many of there’s BS rules as possible.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Shite state of affairs obviously.   We certainly shouldn’t have a society where women constantly feel threatened in their day to day activities.   However I think we need to recognise this as a complex issue.   The tweet is suggesting men have no idea what it’s like being in fear of a violent attack.  However men are statistically twice as likely to experience it.  Are men just more arrogant ‘it won’t be me’, or are attacks on men more calculated?  I certainly feel I need to have my wits about me more if I feel the atmosphere change in the pub for example.  Perhaps the violent attacks on men occur in scenarios where you get the idea that things aren’t right but it’s more likely to happen to a women any time.   What’s the stats on a ‘stranger’ attacking you comparing gender? Is the high stats on men being attacked distorted by victims being part of rival gangs?  

I find it a little tough to say in the current society women are justified in being scared of men.  Simply you are not likely to be attacked.   So why are there tweets like this reporting many feeling that way?  Is it media driven?  Or are the amount of uncomfortable situations women are put in distorting the fear of attack. Is this this fear of violence actually a manifestation of a more justified worry of creeps?

tried desperately there to put my point across and it not sexist/ I may have failed in places.  Just trying to broaden my understanding beyond just saying it’s shite and we need to get our act together which is obvious.

Looks like you have enrolled him in a private school for c***s.  If that’s the case this is on you,   If not it’s your duty to get your son to break as many of there’s BS rules as possible.

Perhaps if you'd stuck in at school instead of trying to break the rules you might have been educated in how not to become a mad sexist. 

5 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't think it's necessarily confined to encountering violence. More the common stories that as soon as they started having hips and tits the comments from guys in the street started. I've seen this happen hundreds of times from men to women and only a handful of times the other way. That has to take its toll mentally on people and I guess that's what is being expressed in that collection of stories. All these women who can't got and enjoy the stars at night on their own because of the chance it'll get ruined by some guy who'll make a lewd comment at best and things we don't want to think about at worst. What hadn't dawned on me till relatively recently was this means as a woman you're constantly on alert for this, it must be exhausting.

The creepy comments are certainly a severe problem and certainly having to experience that from that at a young age must effect you.  Perhaps the headline collecting the tweets is wrongly worded or misrepresentative? I can understand women feeling they need to change their clothes/route/ behaviour to try and avoid the horrific things said to them that they are expected to smile and nod at.   Fearing violence simply doesn’t make much sense unless your using the term very broadly to account for verbal comments.

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Perhaps if you'd stuck in at school instead of trying to break the rules you might have been educated in how not to become a mad sexist. 

😂 ok m8 calm down.  Perhaps if you had stuck in at school you might have realised a fucking hair cut is in no way related to academic achievement. 

10 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Doing an application for a post - there's a bit at the end that says 'For posts in Northern Ireland, please state whether your religion is Protestant or Catholic. 

f**k's sake.

What year is this? 

The answer is Coptic. That'll confuse them.

11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

But women characterising the entire male population is ok? 

When is it ok to stereotype, when is it not ok? Does anyone know anymore?

\
 \
  \
   \
    \
     \
c48.jpg

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

There was a prominent UDA leader who was an Egyptian Coptic Christian. I think he may have been murdered in one of the drug dealing disputes that they periodically have.

Yeah, Christians are like that.

I broke my toastie machine and bought a panini press as I usually have wraps - good, now I've got you all hooked - in my absent mindedness I was making a sandwich (contradictory, right?) and while I was buttering the bread I somehow threw the ham on the press and closed the lid. It was only in a minute at most and except from catching the back of the throat a bit with its smokey-ness, it was excellent. I think I've discovered something beautiful but my fear is it's might be dangerous. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I broke my toastie machine and bought a panini press as I usually have wraps - good, now I've got you all hooked - in my absent mindedness I was making a sandwich (contradictory, right?) and while I was buttering the bread I somehow threw the ham on the press and closed the lid. It was only in a minute at most and except from catching the back of the throat a bit with its smokey-ness, it was excellent. I think I've discovered something beautiful but my fear is it's might be dangerous. 

Cheese on the outside of the toastie is good in those machines. Bold move with the ham. Sounds tasty though. 

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

For fans of lower league teams with no football yet on a Saturday (eg Hearts fans), it turns out that the long jump is a thrilling alternative. 

That was magnificent. Thanks. 

After reading the depressing Is Sex Overrated thread, I was fair needing a wee, erm......lift.