Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was in a phone shop in Falkirk today. Just me and two sales assistants, one sat with me. A very probable junky came in having intimidated his way past a queing lassie outside. He then start on the other lassie in the shop about what was sounding like a stolen phone (claimed a friend gave him it) and when she couldnt help him with whatever his issue was, he started on about his human rights, and then trading standards etc. It was one of those edgy but not yet agressive situations.

I was having a chuckle at his claim that he would get the shop shut down by calling trading standards, but also sat there thinking, if this c**t kicks off its just me and two lassies here, one very young, and I would have had to get involved, either if he got abusive or physical in the worst case.

Really not pleasant as all sorts of trpuble could come of such a situation.

Anyone had similar, when do folk feel its right to get involved? Or is it right to get involved at all? I certaibly couldnt have let the young lassie get hurt by this melt.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was in a phone shop in Falkirk today. Just me and two sales assistants, one sat with me. A very probable junky came in having intimidated his way past a queing lassie outside. He then start on the other lassie in the shop about what was sounding like a stolen phone (claimed a friend gave him it) and when she couldnt help him with whatever his issue was, he started on about his human rights, and then trading standards etc. It was one of those edgy but not yet agressive situations.

I was having a chuckle at his claim that he would get the shop shut down by calling trading standards, but also sat there thinking, if this c**t kicks off its just me and two lassies here, one very young, and I would have had to get involved, either if he got abusive or physical in the worst case.

Really not pleasant as all sorts of trpuble could come of such a situation.

Anyone had similar, when do folk feel its right to get involved? Or is it right to get involved at all? I certaibly couldnt have let the young lassie get hurt by this melt.

I’d always wait for it to get physical before getting into it. In that sort of situation where it’s someone else on the end of it, I’d probably step in between people before it got physical, but again wait for someone else to make the first move. In the scenario you describe hopefully the shop has working CCTV, but at least you’ve got a couple of witnesses, so if he makes the first move and you leather him it should be alright.

I say all the above in the knowledge that in reality the other guy would most likely ragdoll me about the shop like an empty tracksuit.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’d always wait for it to get physical before getting into it. In that sort of situation where it’s someone else on the end of it, I’d probably step in between people before it got physical, but again wait for someone else to make the first move. In the scenario you describe hopefully the shop has working CCTV, but at least you’ve got a couple of witnesses, so if he makes the first move and you leather him it should be alright.

I say all the above in the knowledge that in reality the other guy would most likely ragdoll me about the shop like an empty tracksuit.

This guy wouldnt have. He was as scrawny as f**k BUT either currently, or very recently coming out of a drug stupor, which is more cause for trepidation as it introduces other factors into the mix like, what might this guy be prepared to do, or what might happen to him were I to hit him. 

It was a scenario that had me very aware of all these things as it was playing out hence the question. The young lassie in the shop handled it well tbh, stood up for herself without being confrontational, for which I am glad because we all know that no good can ever come of shit like this finding its way into your life, but I do think there are times where you have to act, and the situation of one bam starting on 2 lassies at their work was clearly one of them. 

Edited by Bairnardo

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This guy wouldnt have. He was as scrawny as f**k BUT either currently, or very recently coming out of a drug stupor, which is more cause for trepidation as it introduces other factors into the mix like, what might this guy be prepared to do, or what might happen to him were I to hit him. 

It was a scenario that had me very aware of all these things as it was playing out hence the question. The young lassie in the shop handled it well tbh, stood up for herself without being confrontational, for which I am glad because we all know that no good can ever come of shit like this finding its way into your life, but I do think there are times where you have to act, and the situation of one bam starting on 2 lassies at their work was clearly one of them. 

Usually less aggressive if it's a nutter dealing with girls, he would have to be a proper wrongun to start on a girl. 

18 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think Craig David has politics more to your tastes mate try that username

Oh I couldn't care less about rappers political opinions, he just turned into a terrible rapper and I could no longer associate with the guy after he's been lyrically bodied 3 or 4 times now. Brap. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I was installing a terminal in a Dundee shop when the shopkeeper started getting racist abuse from 2 Polish lads. They couldn't see me because of a partition but when the abuse started to get really bad, with threats about burning the shop down, I stepped out and asked the shopkeeper if he was ok. The sight of a 6'2" 17stone guy with a shaved head and a sour face (it's my natural expression, I can't help it) seemed to calm things down a bit and the two of them walked out. 

Size and attitude matter. I can't fight for shit but I look like I can. 

From the Record. You just couldn't make this shite up. Billy Connolly territory..... 

"An investigation has been launched after a fire broke out at a crematorium during a funeral.

Three fire crews were called to a blaze in the basement of Linn Crematorium in Glasgow’s Castlemilk area and two members of staff were treated by paramedics following the incident last month.

It’s understood the fire broke out after the casket had been lowered and away from the view of mourners."

😂

Walking along the forth and Clyde canal today on the way to the football, and I came across two adult swans protecting a bunch of cygnets. There was no way I was turning back as I would’ve missed the start of the game. Swans were right on the path and the cygnets just at the side. I have to admit to a puckered anus when one of the adults reared up and started hissing like f**k as I tried to walk past without making eye contact. b*****d swans.

2 hours ago, BlueBear said:

From the Record. You just couldn't make this shite up. Billy Connolly territory..... 

"An investigation has been launched after a fire broke out at a crematorium during a funeral.

Three fire crews were called to a blaze in the basement of Linn Crematorium in Glasgow’s Castlemilk area and two members of staff were treated by paramedics following the incident last month.

It’s understood the fire broke out after the casket had been lowered and away from the view of mourners."

😂

They were catafalqued.

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Working from home? Not for me thanks. Currently getting paid to sit looking at this for 4 hours.  Bonus points for knowing where this is.

20210710_204217.thumb.jpg.2b09f25b8fd15c04ffe7fbf66775ba7f.jpg

I don't know much about these things, but if I had to guess, I'd say the deck.