Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Yesterday, myself and the 2 other guys who do my job received a rather bizarre email.  It basically said that our names had been put forward as volunteers to do additional planning/resourcing work, in our own time out with work, for no additional compensation.  Their reasoning was, that by doing the additional work it would make our own jobs easier.  What makes this even more extraordinary is that when the most recent planner left, his job was effectively made redundant meaning there is now nobody to carry out the work.  This also comes the day that my work announced redundancies in several other departments.  

I've been asked to respond to the email to confirm that this is something I'll be willing to do.  I've spoken to my 2 colleagues and we're all thinking of collectively ignoring the email as it is that ridiculous, that it doesn't merit a response.  This all comes from a company that made $22 billion profit last year.

You work at the same place as me?

5 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Yesterday, myself and the 2 other guys who do my job received a rather bizarre email.  It basically said that our names had been put forward as volunteers to do additional planning/resourcing work, in our own time out with work, for no additional compensation.  Their reasoning was, that by doing the additional work it would make our own jobs easier.  What makes this even more extraordinary is that when the most recent planner left, his job was effectively made redundant meaning there is now nobody to carry out the work.  This also comes the day that my work announced redundancies in several other departments.  

I've been asked to respond to the email to confirm that this is something I'll be willing to do.  I've spoken to my 2 colleagues and we're all thinking of collectively ignoring the email as it is that ridiculous, that it doesn't merit a response.  This all comes from a company that made $22 billion profit last year.

Do you have any senior management who used to work for Thomas Cook?

Edit : apart from the humongous profit, obvs.

Edited by Boghead ranter

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My pals getting married next year and asked me to be his best man. Happy days 

First time? Be prepared for a lot of nonsense coming your way!

31 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My pals getting married next year and asked me to be his best man. Happy days 

One of the best moments of my life was when my best pal told me his brother was going to be his best man.

Never been so relieved.

24 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

First time? Be prepared for a lot of nonsense coming your way!

Yep first time, not sure whether to be excited or dreading it :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

One of the best moments of my life was when my best pal told me his brother was going to be his best man.

Never been so relieved.

My pals got 2 brothers (he’s the youngest) and his oldest brother got married first and picked his best pal so that was the choice made for him 

Put on beyond belief fact or fiction with the family after reminiscing about it. Ended up with a whole scoreboard and it went down a treat. 

Even got the 15 year old out her room and off her phone.

Seems like a new sort of game night has been born.

Missus is now a British Citizen.

I did laugh at them making them take an oath, she has ancestors who fought in the War of Independence and here she is swearing allegiance to Chico sausage fingers.

PXL_20240306_124951749.jpg

7 minutes ago, Peil said:

Missus is now a British Citizen.

I did laugh at them making them take an oath, she has ancestors who fought in the War of Independence and here she is swearing allegiance to Chico sausage fingers.

PXL_20240306_124951749.jpg

Is there not an affirmation version?

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is there not an affirmation version?

Aye, only but that changes is swearing on God. You still have to pledge allegiance to the Monarch.

That's the one the other people did, I assume it's for non Christians

18 minutes ago, Peil said:

Aye, only but that changes is swearing on God. You still have to pledge allegiance to the Monarch.

That's the one the other people did, I assume it's for non Christians

Seems odd. Incomers have to "swear" or "affirm" that they support a ludicrous hereditary monarchy? Does that mean that if they decide later on that they'd fancy a republic, they risk being deported? Or prosecuted? Eh? Probably not, but it just shows what a stunningly stupid system it is.

What a weird country! 😁

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Would probably struggle to grab a crystal with one hand tbh. 

No good at catching those ticket things in the wind chamber at the end either.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Go up to your Gran's bit, it seems to be awash with women.

Prefer not to enter the afterlife just yet Sarge.