Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Last Christmas my Mrs bought 'me' (herself) tickets to see Status Quo in Scarborough tonight. In our wisdom we decided it would be fun to camp for the weekend.

We arrived yesterday evening after a 6-hour drive, with me narrowly avoiding going full Michael Douglas in the Edinburgh bypass traffic.

Upon arriving at the campsite it quickly became clear that our tent was not accompanied by any poles. It's a mystery why they weren't in the bag with the rest of the kit. 

Panic ensued, followed by a mad dash around Scarborough to find a replacement tent. Luckily there was a Halfords and we made it with 10 minutes to spare before they closed.

Quite pleased with our new temporary home tbh. Not sure how it'd hold up in a storm, but it was a comfortable night and the weather is glorious. Roll on the Quo tonight.

Halfords is excellent TBF.

They usually have Whatever You Want

Last Christmas my Mrs bought 'me' (herself) tickets to see Status Quo in Scarborough tonight. In our wisdom we decided it would be fun to camp for the weekend.

We arrived yesterday evening after a 6-hour drive, with me narrowly avoiding going full Michael Douglas in the Edinburgh bypass traffic.

Upon arriving at the campsite it quickly became clear that our tent was not accompanied by any poles. It's a mystery why they weren't in the bag with the rest of the kit. 

Panic ensued, followed by a mad dash around Scarborough to find a replacement tent. Luckily there was a Halfords and we made it with 10 minutes to spare before they closed.

Quite pleased with our new temporary home tbh. Not sure how it'd hold up in a storm, but it was a comfortable night and the weather is glorious. Roll on the Quo tonight.

YARN | - Well, what kind of tent? - The kind with the most poles. | No  Country for Old Men (2007) | Video clips by quotes | ab02e6a4 | 紗

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Hopefully the rain doesn't come down down deeper and down.

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Wham’s lesser known lyrics to their Christmas hit there. 

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Halfords is excellent TBF.

They usually have Whatever You Want

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Hopefully the rain doesn't come down down deeper and down.

I was tempted to insert some lyrical puns into the story myself, but I thought I'd let P&B do the job for me.

I was tempted to insert some lyrical puns into the story myself, but I thought I'd let P&B do the job for me.

I don't want any part of what you're proposing 

In today’s daily quiz in The Australian and just after a question about which part Tom Cruise played in Cocktail and before questions about HMS Bounty, which team has won most Australian Water Polo League women’s titles and the currency of Vanuatu amongst others was the one below.

PS: If you like quizzes then why not head over to GN side of things and join the league.

IMG_2095.png

Went for a chippy in Scarborough the other night, ordered 2 fish suppers and the lassie behind the counter looked at me like I was an alien.

"Is that like fish & chips?"

The guy doing the frying laughed and said he'd only ever heard 'fish supper' once before in 29 years.

I was astonished. Genuinely thought it was universal language. Please tell me it's at least universal within Scotland?

20 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Went for a chippy in Scarborough the other night, ordered 2 fish suppers and the lassie behind the counter looked at me like I was an alien.

The guy doing the frying laughed and said he'd only ever heard 'fish supper' once before in 29 years.

I was astonished. Genuinely thought it was universal language. Please tell me it's at least universal within Scotland?

I've never heard it called a fish supper.

Must be a Dundee thing.

Even White Pudding and Red Pudding suppers aren't universal in Scotland.