Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

After over 3 years of procrastination and fannying about, I had my first driving lesson last week. It went quite well, by the end of it I was doing gear changes and things. Got my second one today, dreading the day where I get let out onto a road though. Any handy wee hints or anything for learners?

After over 3 years of procrastination and fannying about, I had my first driving lesson last week. It went quite well, by the end of it I was doing gear changes and things. Got my second one today, dreading the day where I get let out onto a road though. Any handy wee hints or anything for learners?

Just stay calm an don't rush anything. If you're in a driving instructors car, they have a dual control for a reason, there you back up, safety net. Thinking about that helped me, because even if you do make a mistake, they will correct it very quicky, it's their job.

If your in a normal car, same rules apply, don't rush, don't panic, if something goes wrong just forget about it. People will tend to be a lot more accepting of learners. Also since your new to it, don't worry about going anywhere busy, you should go to roads around estates and other quite areas.

But I found enjoying it was he best thing to remain calm. Hope that helped.

Just stay calm an don't rush anything. If you're in a driving instructors car, they have a dual control for a reason, there you back up, safety net. Thinking about that helped me, because even if you do make a mistake, they will correct it very quicky, it's their job.

If your in a normal car, same rules apply, don't rush, don't panic, if something goes wrong just forget about it. People will tend to be a lot more accepting of learners. Also since your new to it, don't worry about going anywhere busy, you should go to roads around estates and other quite areas.

But I found enjoying it was he best thing to remain calm. Hope that helped.

Cheers Widge, that did help. I'm managing to stay quite calm by my own standards which I suppose is half the battle at this stage. Thanks again.

Aye, never be disheartened or put-off by the way you're treated by other road users.

Unfortunately, at all times, you'll be driving a vehicle advertising the fact that you're not the world's greatest driver, and people respond to that. Mostly they'll give you extra room, but you'll also find people will overtake you at the first available opportunity and they'll beep the horn at the slightest mistake. It's not your fault, they're looking out for it. Chances are if someone in an unmarked car did it, they'd barely notice.

Learning to drive is 90% confidence.

And if Gaz tells you to use hand signals, he's a damn dirty liar.

How pixie Lott managed to crack the world of Music, I'l never quite no. Her songs sound like they were written by a 5 year old, and she cannot sing live worth a f**k.

How pixie Lott managed to crack the world of Music, I'l never quite no. Her songs sound like they were written by a 5 year old, and she cannot sing live worth a f**k.

Nice view of Pixie Lot

pixie.jpg

Edited by GingerSaint

I was booking my summer holidays from work and I put my form in 2 weeks ago. I made the horrifc error of telling them I am going to T in the Park and I knew they would be awkward about it. Got my form back today and I've got the Friday off but not the Sunday and the boss is telling me "oh it's T in the Park that's a tough weekend". My mate puts in his form asking for the same days off 1 week later but doesn't say he's going to T in the Park and get the days off with no questions asked. Steward's inquiry required here <_< .

I'm still going to T in the Park though.

Honestly, driving is the easiest thing in the world. If you're confident about it, it's so fucking simple.

Aye, never be disheartened or put-off by the way you're treated by other road users.

Unfortunately, at all times, you'll be driving a vehicle advertising the fact that you're not the world's greatest driver, and people respond to that. Mostly they'll give you extra room, but you'll also find people will overtake you at the first available opportunity and they'll beep the horn at the slightest mistake. It's not your fault, they're looking out for it. Chances are if someone in an unmarked car did it, they'd barely notice.

Learning to drive is 90% confidence.

And if Gaz tells you to use hand signals, he's a damn dirty liar.

:lol: That thread was outstanding, wish I could find it. Cheers lads you're so right about the confidence, it's starting to come along nicely and I'm beginning to do a lot of things unprompted. Dunc you're not wrong about the other drivers. 5 minutes after my instructor was saying the same thing, this utter shitgibbon tried to overtake me on a bend as there were 3 motorbikes coming towards him. The gap must have been a few metres or so and if he'd overtaken a split second later he'd have killed one of them, or crashed into me. It was a bit scary but I suppose you can't really buy that sort of experience! Really starting to enjoy it now after getting a feel for it, cheers again for your input lads.

Helping my sister move home from Broughton road to Easter Road today. I love my sister and have helped her move before but this will be the first time I have done it with a hangover :(

She better get the beers in next time she is home.

I find that whenever I get myself a boxset of something, my personal life goes out of the window, I watch TV into the early hours(bearing in mind I'm up at 6) and exercise less. It becomes something of an obsession. I started watching Dexter from the beginning late on Friday and I'm already a decent bit into Season 2. This is with a very busy Sky+ schedule being managed at the same time. With that, Death Valley, Spartacus and brand new Game of Thrones, all on tonight and Homeland from last night, I can't see myself vacating my room all night once I get home from work today.

Edited by the jambo-rocker