Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Going through the application process for renting a house in Edinburgh just now. Wish they would hurry up with the credit checks etc because I hate being in limbo. Could be moving in as little as two weeks, but I don't want to start packing until everything is sorted and we know we're definitely getting the place.

Finally got word today that we were successful. Lease starts in early June so I've got a busy couple of weeks ahead!

I guess no-one'll ever know for sure whether or not the throw from the dead lad that hit the boy was deliberate. Apparently the boy that died was epileptic, which may have had something to do with the cardiac arrest. And I have to disagree with you, the boy intended to hurt him but I'm sure he never knew that he was epileptic and also that 2/3 minutes later his victim would collapse dead. He's been charged with assault with danger to life, which will give quite a hefty sentence. As far as I'm concerned it was a freak, I won't say accident, but event.

The cretins (vast majority of people) in my school have made a massive Rangers shrine outside one of the main entrances/exits of the school closest to where it happened, absolute arseholes. Everyone is greeting and saying "GBNF, our angel", mostly people that have never had any connection to him whatsoever. The worst part is the only thing the school has said about it to pupils is "don't talk about the event to strangers who ask (aka journalists)" just before the boy passed away. No word at all since. They just want to cover their arses and presumably the teachers' who wasn't there... it could've happened in a time frame of 10 seconds though, as I said there is a large volume of total idiots in my school. In the toilets two walls have been graffiti'd with massive writing; one saying "____ GBNF" and the other saying "RIP M8". :rolleyes:

The dead boy is being made out as a wee angel (which I'm sure he wasn't, throwing softballs/practise shot putts around in a class) and the killer an absolute monster. There's a difference between thrusting a blade into or shooting someone and giving them a bit of a roughing up in the heat of the moment following them throwing a ball of heavy/hard description at you.

Edited by the_bully_wee

Going through the application process for renting a house in Edinburgh just now. Wish they would hurry up with the credit checks etc because I hate being in limbo. Could be moving in as little as two weeks, but I don't want to start packing until everything is sorted and we know we're definitely getting the place.

How long did you live in Limbo.....where's it near?

I guess no-one'll ever know for sure whether or not the throw from the dead lad that hit the boy was deliberate. Apparently the boy that died was epileptic, which may have had something to do with the cardiac arrest. And I have to disagree with you, the boy intended to hurt him but I'm sure he never knew that he was epileptic and also that 2/3 minutes later his victim would collapse dead. He's been charged with assault with danger to life, which will give quite a hefty sentence. As far as I'm concerned it was a freak, I won't say accident, but event.

The cretins (vast majority of people) in my school have made a massive Rangers shrine outside one of the main entrances/exits of the school closest to where it happened, absolute arseholes. Everyone is greeting and saying "GBNF, our angel", mostly people that have never had any connection to him whatsoever. The worst part is the only thing the school has said about it to pupils is "don't talk about the event to strangers who ask (aka journalists)" just before the boy passed away. No word at all since. They just want to cover their arses and presumably the teachers' who wasn't there... it could've happened in a time frame of 10 seconds though, as I said there is a large volume of total idiots in my school. In the toilets two walls have been graffiti'd with massive writing; one saying "____ GBNF" and the other saying "RIP M8". :rolleyes:

The dead boy is being made out as a wee angel (which I'm sure he wasn't, throwing softballs/practise shot putts around in a class) and the killer an absolute monster. There's a difference between thrusting a blade into or shooting someone and giving them a bit of a roughing up in the heat of the moment following them throwing a ball of heavy/hard description at you.

The defence rests.

The cretins (vast majority of people) in my school have made a massive Rangers shrine outside one of the main entrances/exits of the school closest to where it happened, absolute arseholes. Everyone is greeting and saying "GBNF, our angel", mostly people that have never had any connection to him whatsoever.

Sadly, this happens a lot within schools where fatal incidents occur. Within my year, there was a girl who committed suicide. She wasn't exactly the most popular, just an apparently quiet normal girl. The next day, we were told about the incident and informed that if anyone needed emotional support they could head down to the assembly hall for time to think. This lead to a few people who barely knew the lass skiving off their classes despite having no apparent connection. Shame for the lasses friends too of course, but, in my opinion, you're right.

Sadly, this happens a lot within schools where fatal incidents occur. Within my year, there was a girl who committed suicide. She wasn't exactly the most popular, just an apparently quiet normal girl. The next day, we were told about the incident and informed that if anyone needed emotional support they could head down to the assembly hall for time to think. This lead to a few people who barely knew the lass skiving off their classes despite having no apparent connection. Shame for the lasses friends too of course, but, in my opinion, you're right.

I was in a first year class with a poor guy who died of cancer. Also in that class was his best mate from primary school who, needless to say, had a couple of days off.

He was joined in absence by another of the first year classes, who en masse were given the day off by one of the registration teachers, who (I am led to believe) got a bit of a bollocking for that as the rest of us stayed in.

I went to school with a guy who was diagnosed with leukaemia half way through first year. Obviously he was off for ages, and when it was announced at assembly, a few girls started crying and generally started being a pain in the arse. It was sad, as the bloke was a really nice guy, and thankfully survived it.

He used to hang around with our group and continued to do so after he came back after treatment. For whatever reason he really, really stunk of stale shit when he returned to school. None of us had the nerve to question this, and presumed it was something to do with the treatment he was on, given that he didn't smell of shite before.

Not really sure what it's got to do with the_bully_wee's story, but... yeah.

I went to school with a guy who was diagnosed with leukaemia half way through first year. Obviously he was off for ages, and when it was announced at assembly, a few girls started crying and generally started being a pain in the arse. It was sad, as the bloke was a really nice guy, and thankfully survived it.

He used to hang around with our group and continued to do so after he came back after treatment. For whatever reason he really, really stunk of stale shit when he returned to school. None of us had the nerve to question this, and presumed it was something to do with the treatment he was on, given that he didn't smell of shite before.

Shitey leukemia.........nothing worse!

When a lad returns from leukemia but smells of shit, you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt.

When a lad returns from leukemia but smells of shit, you've got to give him the benefit of the doubt.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to smell him five days a week.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to smell him five days a week.

"Why don't you guys hang about with me anymore? Is it because I'm bald and frail"

"No. It's because you smell like someone has smeared one of your gran's turds inside your jumper, you fucking meff"