Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The only reason I stayed on was I failed my highers in 5th year and I wanted to finish them, halfway through 6th I got offered my apprenticeship and I was to start in July. So I went into fucking about mode. I went everyday but would sit in the library on boredtodeath.com or miniclip until I got chucked out, then I'd play football all afternoon. In the end I even admitted to the teachers I was only staying on for prom. Which I can't remember much of to be honest.

I applied for a job and got a call back about it today. The agency requested that I re-write my CV including details of work I did over ten years ago to show my depth of experience. I've been with my current company for more than six years and almost all of my relevant experience is with this company, seems strange thing for them to ask.

But being an obliging chap I have done it. fingers crossed.

My school was featured on BBC News this evening about the lowering of the voting age for the Independence referendum. They basically filled a classroom with blazer-wearing 4th years and only let the clever ones speak so as to make it seem like the school is full of intellectual young people, which it isn't. My History teacher also just managed to successfully shield his Pulp Fiction poster and Killie calendar in the background.

I'd also agree with Scott about sixth year - I absolutely hate it.

My school was featured on BBC News this evening about the lowering of the voting age for the Independence referendum. They basically filled a classroom with blazer-wearing 4th years and only let the clever ones speak so as to make it seem like the school is full of intellectual young people

Those were the clever ones? :unsure:

My school was featured on BBC News this evening about the lowering of the voting age for the Independence referendum. They basically filled a classroom with blazer-wearing 4th years and only let the clever ones speak so as to make it seem like the school is full of intellectual young people, which it isn't. My History teacher also just managed to successfully shield his Pulp Fiction poster and Killie calendar in the background.

I'd also agree with Scott about sixth year - I absolutely hate it.

I remember we had someone from shanghai visiting us through the deputy rector. (She had worked in the British embassy as a translator) and the wanted to see the standard of her school.

The only people who were allowed to speak to him were the prefects. The rest of us were bundled into separate classrooms. It went well until they took them to the prefects lounge, where someone wrote "free Tibet" on the wall. Cue us watching her, and her 2 lackeys of prefects manoeuvring themselves in such a way to hide the writing from him.

Never found out who wrote that.

Highest profile person who came to my school was some woman from Tay FM who caused some form of mass exodus from classrooms to speak to her, I never even knew she was there as I was too busy trying to spit down the centre of a stairwell without hitting the edges. Glory days

Highest profile person who came to my school was some woman from Tay FM who caused some form of mass exodus from classrooms to speak to her, I never even knew she was there as I was too busy trying to spit down the centre of a stairwell without hitting the edges. Glory days

This was exactly what I done when the Chinese ambassador visited.

You felt like god when you made it direct to the bottom

This was exactly what I done when the Chinese ambassador visited.

You felt like god when you made it direct to the bottom

You really did. It was also quite exhilarating when someone's hand appeared on the bannister while your spittle was halfway down it's majestic journey. Watching it steadily curve towards the hand as if it had decided to punish you for releasing it was terrifying, even worse was the roar when it made contact. You'll never run as fast as you do in that situation

We had a guy from the RAF trying to get us to sign up, and a boy who was very quiet, a bit nerdish, started trolling him magnificently about how many mpg you get in a Tornado, and wouldn't balloons be more fuel efficient..

Did anyone else get some random Christian preacher who sang during assemblies? Guy was clearly having a breakdown of sorts, .favourite was his song involving the repetition of "Tap that foot!", leading to 30 rows of guys jumping up and down as loudly as they could with both feet. He was chuffed thinking he'd whipped us into a frenzy, rector gave everyone a telling off for mocking him :lol:

Took the day off school today simply because I couldn't be arsed going. First time in my 6 years at the place I've done that. On auto pilot mode now and I genuinely couldn't give a f**k about my exams - just counting down the days until I can leave and start University. I was under the impression 6th year was the best year of your school days - IT'S ALL LIES!

I hated 6th year. Most of my mates were the year above me or left at the end of 5th, leaving me pretty isolated. I also sat 3 advanced highers, so it was still tough academically.