Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Highest profile person who came to my school was some woman from Tay FM who caused some form of mass exodus from classrooms to speak to her, I never even knew she was there as I was too busy trying to spit down the centre of a stairwell without hitting the edges. Glory days

This was exactly what I done when the Chinese ambassador visited.

You felt like god when you made it direct to the bottom

This was exactly what I done when the Chinese ambassador visited.

You felt like god when you made it direct to the bottom

You really did. It was also quite exhilarating when someone's hand appeared on the bannister while your spittle was halfway down it's majestic journey. Watching it steadily curve towards the hand as if it had decided to punish you for releasing it was terrifying, even worse was the roar when it made contact. You'll never run as fast as you do in that situation

We had a guy from the RAF trying to get us to sign up, and a boy who was very quiet, a bit nerdish, started trolling him magnificently about how many mpg you get in a Tornado, and wouldn't balloons be more fuel efficient..

Did anyone else get some random Christian preacher who sang during assemblies? Guy was clearly having a breakdown of sorts, .favourite was his song involving the repetition of "Tap that foot!", leading to 30 rows of guys jumping up and down as loudly as they could with both feet. He was chuffed thinking he'd whipped us into a frenzy, rector gave everyone a telling off for mocking him :lol:

Took the day off school today simply because I couldn't be arsed going. First time in my 6 years at the place I've done that. On auto pilot mode now and I genuinely couldn't give a f**k about my exams - just counting down the days until I can leave and start University. I was under the impression 6th year was the best year of your school days - IT'S ALL LIES!

I hated 6th year. Most of my mates were the year above me or left at the end of 5th, leaving me pretty isolated. I also sat 3 advanced highers, so it was still tough academically.

Did anyone else get some random Christian preacher who sang during assemblies? Guy was clearly having a breakdown of sorts, .favourite was his song involving the repetition of "Tap that foot!", leading to 30 rows of guys jumping up and down as loudly as they could with both feet. He was chuffed thinking he'd whipped us into a frenzy, rector gave everyone a telling off for mocking him :lol:

Yes, he did every Easter & Christmas assembly. Which was so cringeworthy

Our school was once on Blue Peter. A couple of pupils a good few years below me did something which I have forgotten about. I saw Konnie Huq from a distance though. A couple of camera men came down to the playground during lunch. Que massive ruck to get as close as possible... b*****ds didn't even use that footage.

Anyone who didn't enjoy 6th year was doing it massively wrong. Or maybe had no mates.

Not really. I had plenty mates, I just found it difficult to motivate myself to actually go to school when I knew that my grades from 5th year were more than enough to get me into the uni I wanted. It was a decent year socially I suppose but I don't really put that down to being in 6th year, just that it was when everyone was turning 18.