Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Internet playing up so thru Sky got an appointment with an Openreach engineer to come and fix it this morning. No one turned up so found they had changed the appointment to the afternoon without letting Sky or myself know. No one turned up in the afternoon and have now found out that their not coming due to too many call outs and not enough engineers. Again they didnt bother to inform Sky or myself.

Waste of a fucking day and now will have to be in tomorrow in case they decide to bother their arse and come and fix it.

Hate fucking BT. Total inept tossers.

I got a letter yesterday from a bank that I have no dealings with whatsoever. In it they apologised profusely for giving out a report on my credit rating to a third party. They would not tell me what they had said about me but just gave me a list of possible outcomes as a result of their actions. By way of an apology to me they have given me 2 years free membership of credit checking agency Experian.

And a cheque for £300.

:blink:

I really have absolutely no idea what the letter was about. I had not made any type of purchase that would require a credit check as I know that due to previous debt problems, I would not even qualify for a loan to buy a newspaper. The cheque is in the bank but due to the holidays it will not clear until the 5th January. Just hope they don't realise that they might have made a mistake and cancel it before it clears.

The cheque cleared. :thumsup2

Immigrants coming here, fighting for us, winning our medals

Haud on! That's on a Tuesday and at 11:59:59 Paris time, I'll still be at work. Will I get compensated for working extra? b*****d capitalist plot; that's what this is.

You'd be raging if someone walked in 1 second before closing time

Grado's on River City, as 'Buster' .. He just shouted "It's yersel!" And I burst out laughing at the canteen in work. :lol:

ITS YERSEL!

I met him once. Dug his hand into my mates chips and cheese and pretty much finished them before wandering off.

The cheque cleared. :thumsup2

Good work!

Got a couple of letters in the post just before Christmas. Opened the first one and it was a cheque for £600 from a car dealership and a letter apologising for an error on a finance deal about five years ago. Opened the second one and it was a cheque for over £1200 from the same mob over another finance deal.

Got nearly three grand from Fife council too from overpaid council tax - apologies if any of your kids' school roofs etc not being fixed.

Oh, and some PPI too for £900.

Talk on another thread about working in London reminded me of a girl I used to work with. She kept photos of various dead pets on her desk. She'd spend her hard-earned going to a spiritualist to talk/woof/growl with them in the afterlife.

Got nearly three grand from Fife council too from overpaid council tax - apologies if any of your kids' school roofs etc not being fixed.

My son got sent home from school after being there an hour this morning because there was a flood when the roof leaked! :angry:

It was in Glasgow and it happened because some ned nicked the lead off the roof overnight but that's beside the point.