Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Yep, Skywind and Skyblivion are the imaginative names used for the projects. Both have websites and forums devoted to them. Have to say, I'd like to play Morrowind with the new engine more than Oblivion, as the latter still looks pretty good.ETA: Trailers for both projects here - Oblivion doesn't need the makeover so much, but Morrowind looks amazing!

My mate's trying to tempt me into going for TES Online, but that could be the heroin to the other games' recreational cocaine.

DA - the biggest criticism of Skyrim for many, me included, is that the UI looks like a console game. You'll be used to that, no doubt, but it was damn near a deal breaker in the early hours of play for me. Thankfully, I persisted.

Also ETA: Currently in Steam - TES4 146 hours, TES5 178. Although I completed Oblivion on a non-steam release a few years ago.

Aye that could definitely be streamlined and does take a bit of getting used to.

I don't care how others rate them. I only care how I rate them.

Was it worth it? Marks out of ten? I'm, genuinely, intrigued.

If I'm paying £1.69 for something, although it's not a lot of money (I'm Smurph, I can afford it), I expect to enjoy it to a certain extent. Things of a similar price were chicken tikka/coronation sandwiches, but I don't really trust pre-packed sandwiches, so I was forced into the Dairylea Luncahble. Expecting nostalgia, and nostalgia I got, with a cluster of processed cheese and a lump of questionable ham in their respective corners, with biscuits taking up the remaining 50%. The biscuits were as dry as a nun's gusset and the ham was arguably 2% meat (at best). The cheese, as far as mass produced cheese goes, was palatable.

That's fine though. That's absolutely fine. I have no problem with that. I would give it an 8/10 for a quick snack.

The thing that utterly enraged me though was the ratio of biscuit:ham:cheese. I'm a man of order, I like things to be in a certain way. I don't suffer from OCD but I believe in a logical order of things, how things should be. I was supplied with 10 biscuits. That's fine. That covers 5 different snacks, a biscuit used as bread would be in a sandwich, presumably containing 2x ham and 2x cheese per snack. I, however, was given 8 pieces of cheese (!) and 10 pieces of ham. The ham:biscuit ratio was spot on. How it should be. How nature dictates. But 8 pieces of cheese? Get to f**k Dairylea. I feel denied, oppressed, exploited.

I thoroughly appreciate, and enjoyed reviewing, your consumer report. I have never purchased, nor consumed, the product being discussed. Hence, my previously declared, interest/ intrigue. I'm glad, in a way, you've chosen to highlight the disappointing biscuit:ham:cheese ratio as it has always been a great fear of mine. I have always had a gut feeling this would be the case. My own, sole reason, for not getting a piece of the action, as it were. So for that reason, and that reason alone, I'm out. Ratios do matter Dairylea.

I cannot thank you enough good sir. You've confirmed my suspicions and saved me a tonne of heartache, to boot.

I don't indulge in cheesy snacks as I don't like cheese.

I began the day with a little game of fitba with Child 2 down the swing park. Child 3 came along and played on the swings as I made a wayward pass, thus knocking the swing in the direction of her head. I needlessly told Child 3 that she was 2 years old for Christ sake and should man up.

Popped over to my dad's for brunch and the conversation went as far as 'dya want a tattie scone son?'. Obviously I said aye, its a lot of carbs but I can afford it.

What shape was the tattie scone?

Triangular or quadrant?

It was a triangle Mozza. Due to my dislike of Rangers, I have ceased eating the circular ones made by Warburton's. Child 2 didn't want his tattie scone so I actually have two though. I guess this meant I had a semi circular tattie scone.

I'm at a loss as to how two triangles make up a semi circle.

They kinda do in the case of a tattie scone though. It's a special circumstance; you just need to accept this.

Edited by Addie

He means a Motherwell triangle.

No. That involved two Grannies from the Motherwell Point on a Wednesday night circa 1999.

I had two of them. I guess it's not quite a triangle (when quartered off) and I was being a little lazy, but it is Sunday night.

DSCF7797.jpg

Edited by Addie