Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Do people react to a post purely based on the post or also on who posted it?  If one of the more popular posters on here had posted what Philpy did would it just have been laughed off?

Definitely there is an element of this. XBL used to go on about the post, not the poster. In this instance though I don't think it would have been laughed off, mainly because it wasn't at all funny.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Do people react to a post purely based on the post or also on who posted it?  If one of the more popular posters on here had posted what Philpy did would it just have been laughed off?

While there's an element of responding to the poster and not the post, that post would have got a reaction regardless of who made it and in some contexts it is entirely fair to bring up a poster's previous, such as Philpy trying to be funny and failing miserably in an offensive fashion for the Nth time.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I was expecting an avalanche of abuse for it after he posted but it just never arrived.

I think people just sat on their phones/tablets/computers facepalming and shaking their heads.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

That particular line would probably not have been funny no matter who posted it given the delivery and the fact that it had nothing to do with anything. 

Of course it depends on the poster as well though. You get Frankie Boyle and Mark Lawrenson to say the same joke and watch the different reactions.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I was expecting an avalanche of abuse for it after he posted but it just never arrived.

It's not too late to get the ball rolling.

22 hours ago, philpy said:

Slippery, did you chuck yer da in that river after you smothered him??

f**k off Philpy you sick c**t.

2 minutes ago, resk said:

The excitable boy on BBC World News has made the bold prediction that the Olympics opening ceremony will at some point feature.......

Samba.

What is he on, he's very excitable indeed, expect to see him on prime time soon no doubt, not sure presenting what mind. 

G-Bo