Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They do say that folk who commit suicide never show any signs of those thoughts beforehand. Therefore you may be about to kill yourself and not even know it! :o

Who says that?:lol: 

Some cases of suicide this may be the case but there are a vast number of cases where the one committing suicide has had a clear history of depression, alcohol and substance abuse etc

Who says that?:lol: 

Some cases of suicide this may be the case but there are a vast number of cases where the one committing suicide has had a clear history of depression, alcohol and substance abuse etc

It's extremely common. More often than not, after a suicide, people closest to the 'victim' are in shock and anger as they had no idea the person had these thoughts. Depression plays a huge part but not everyone who is depressed is a suicide risk, far from it.

Knowing if someone is going to take their own live is something that even the world's best Psychiatrists don't know. If it's going to happen it'll happen, but in the vast majority of cases the person doing the act won't give much inclination about what they are about to do.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's extremely common. More often than not, after a suicide, people closest to the 'victim' are in shock and anger as they had no idea the person had these thoughts. Depression plays a huge part but not everyone who is depressed is a suicide risk, far from it.

Knowing if someone is going to take their own live is something that even the world's best Psychiatrists don't know. If it's going to happen it'll happen, but in the vast majority of cases the person doing the act won't give much inclination about what they are about to do.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Them and They would make for a decent Friday night double-bill, though.

You might prefer It, though, if you're into the whole brevity thing.

Them and They are the same you daft c**t.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Them and They are the same you daft c**t.

They most certainly are not. Them! has giants ants, while They are scuttling shadowy murderbeasts.

It has Tim Curry, which is all you honestly need for a decent night's entertainment.

Had a pretty dreadful dream last night that I was going to kill myself. I was writing a huge list of folk to apologise to about it and for things I feel I had reason to be sorry for. My big b*****ding brain was casting up shit from many years ago and I was feeling absolutely dreadful. Woke up feeling pretty sad and a tad worried. I'm certainly not planning on killing myself but it was a concerning and upsetting dream.
Also dreamed that I killed someone by picking them up and slamming them repeatedly off a wall before stamping on their skull. I do recall in the dream that they were being a p***k and not letting me past and I warned them, but they kept blocking me. In the dream I started trying to punch their puss buy wasn't able to so went radge and picked them up. I recall in the dream that I never meant to kill the guy and just saw red and never knew what I had done until after.

The mind is a big mental b*****d. And a traitor

Point 1 - you were apologising to me for picking me up and slamming me on the pavement in Arbroath.

Point 2 - it was me you were picking up and slamming wasn't it.

You were dreaming about me again weren't you?

58 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Point 1 - you were apologising to me for picking me up and slamming me on the pavement in Arbroath.

Point 2 - it was me you were picking up and slamming wasn't it.

You were dreaming about me again weren't you?

I dream about you most nights

Dubai detains British man for Facebook post he made supporting a charity: 

"Scott Richards, who holds both British and Australian citizenship, promoted a charity drive to buy blankets and tarpaulins for refugees in Afghanistan"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37114401

In 2015, a U.S. man was jailed in the UAE for a Facebook post he made in America:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31692914

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seen that earlier, looks superb IMO

Still haven't tried beans on a pizza yet though really need to get that done soon

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Depends on the pie. There's rarely a middle ground where scotch pies are concerned. They're either amazing or absolutely rancid!

Beans on a pizza though :wub:

7 hours ago, Eoin said:

i remember these from when i was young, were decent

ad_133571731.jpg

If you children go into Frankie & Benny's you will get cheesy beans pizzas on the kids menus. 

You're welcome.

Just now, Dee Man said:

If you children go into Frankie & Benny's you will get cheesy beans pizzas on the kids menus. 

You're welcome.

Given recent events, I don't think you should be encouraging P&B'ers to go into family restaurants asking for kids menus. The crayons and colouring pages should keep them occupied for a while I suppose.

15 hours ago, throbber said:

All joking aside DA - I have had some upsetting dreams like that when I have been in a bad way and it can be horrible, some of my dreams have been so clear that I can't shake off the thought of them the next day. Your brain and mentality is certainly not doing you any favours. Have you been more stressed of late?

I have been annoyed by an issue I have, and perhaps a bit stressed about it.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They do say that folk who commit suicide never show any signs of those thoughts beforehand. Therefore you may be about to kill yourself and not even know it! :o

Shit! I hope not. I have plans.

Anyway, had another odd dream last night. I dreamed that I shat myself. It felt absolutely real, and in fact felt so real that it woke me up, and in my sleepy state I was convinced I really had shat myself, so I waddled through to the bathroom, careful to not let any shite slide out of my shorts. I got in to the bathroom and whipped down my shorts to reveal...that I hadn't shat myself at all. I even tried wiping just to be sure, but it was all clear. So my b*****ding mind convinced me I had shat myself and not only woke me up, but made me get out of my comfortable bed. What a c**t my mind is. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, had another odd dream last night. I dreamed that I shat myself. It felt absolutely real, and in fact felt so real that it woke me up, and in my sleepy state I was convinced I really had shat myself, so I waddled through to the bathroom, careful to not let any shite slide out of my shorts. I got in to the bathroom and whipped down my shorts to reveal...that I hadn't shat myself at all. I even tried wiping just to be sure, but it was all clear. So my b*****ding mind convinced me I had shat myself and not only woke me up, but made me get out of my comfortable bed. What a c**t my mind is. 

Maybe you'd been violated by a poltergeist?