Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

"Location : Airdrie

My Team : Airdrie"

Aye right! :lol:

Reminds me of a bar manageress in my early boozing days. Heading to the bogs with a pal (this isn't a George Michael story) and absent mindedly had my pint in hand. "You can't take that drink in there" said she. "It's okay, I have some speed" said I. 

"Location : Airdrie
My Team : Airdrie"
Aye right! :lol:

I often venture away from Airdrie to get away from it all, I didn't think it was possible to such a repulsive hatred towards the town you lived in but as I've found out in recent months, it is.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Reminds me of a bar manageress in my early boozing days. Heading to the bogs with a pal (this isn't a George Michael story) and absent mindedly had my pint in hand. "You can't take that drink in there" said she. "It's okay, I have some speed" said I. 

Ah, the pharmacutical wars. The rivalry between loose bowelled E users and Coke/Speed fiends used to be immense over toilet territory. 

My sister gave me a 'Google cardboard' thing for Christmas, which is basically a taste of virtual reality using a smartphone. Downloaded the Sky VR app and watched a clip of a football game and it's pretty incredible. This is the most basic virtual reality kit out there and it's already impressive. It can't be that long before it really kicks off and watching full games in virtual reality will become common.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

As for the second part of the post i have never said I am not drinking again but I do love getting back on it the day after I have disgraced myself.

It's one of life's joys, that period of time sometime between the first and second pint of the day after, when it starts to dawn on you that you just might not be about to die after all. Things suddenly start looking up.

9 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's one of life's joys, that period of time sometime between the first and second pint of the day after, when it starts to dawn on you that you just might not be about to die after all. Things suddenly start looking up.

It may or may not be known but I might have mentioned that I happen to like the odd drink or four. For the past 20 odd years I have always told the wife that one day I will start drinking as soon as I wake up in the morning. Tomorrow just might be that morning. I might keep you posted, or I might not.

It may or may not be known but I might have mentioned that I happen to like the odd drink or four. For the past 20 odd years I have always told the wife that one day I will start drinking as soon as I wake up in the morning. Tomorrow just might be that morning. I might keep you posted, or I might not.

Why has it taken you so long?

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I normally try and stick to only drinking at weekends, but at £1.80 a pint I've found it very easy to go out every day for the past week

Thats like when I tried to stop smoking and then I went to Cuba. At 60p a packet, I tried but failed!