Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not sure why you felt the need to specify that they were an "old pair".

She's been dead seventy years... unless you know something we don't? emoji54.png

They could have been a fresh, unused pair that she bought right before she...err, bought it. Disturbingly, their value probably relies upon how soiled they are  :yucky

Wait a minute...did Throbber come into some money recently?  :o

They could have been a fresh, unused pair that she bought right before she...err, bought it. Disturbingly, their value probably relies upon how soiled they are  :yucky

Wait a minute...did Throbber come into some money recently?  [emoji33]

He's been drinking slightly less I believe, so he probably has the money for them.

The Gulnar Tandoori in Larbert is fuckin class! Cannae beat coming home from work on a Monday and getting that f**k cooking feeling[emoji38]

The fact they are the strip sponsor for Stenhousemuir yet you can't buy their food at games is a travesty. Back in the mid to late 90's when we were sponsored by Four in One you got pakora etc at the pie shop

Four in One does a job. Everything they sell is OK. The pizzas aren't as good as a Domino's/Pizza Hut, the chips and cheese not as good as an Enrico's, the pakora not as good as the Gulnar but when you've had 9 pints and just witnessed Stenhousemuir football club take a shoeing from some absolute gang, it's an adequate accompaniment to a bottle of MD twenty oblique twenty on the train back to Glasgow

I grew up in wonderful Stenhousemuir and as boring as the greater Stenhousemuir metropolitan area is, it's a very good place to raise a family. Plenty of green spaces for a kick about and a mere 15 mins on the circular (half, return) for the teenage lads to enjoy a half in Firkins in Falkirk and be back before your mother suspects you've been drinking

If you're looking for 1970's kitchen chic, I'd suggest the Crown. Its veneer work surface type tables an able accompaniment to the trench foot like experience of the gents. One the CAMRA boys seem to have overlooked.

The valley used to be the dumping ground of scum (40 years ago) but in reality it's now just good quality council houses with good people living there.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Wait a minute...did Throbber come into some money recently?  :o

No but GMan (Dundee version) did...

The Crown will happily refrigerate your carry out for you. They're just happy you'd even consider stopping for a drink before moving onto a bench in Stenhousemuir primary school grounds.

I once pitched up at the front door at 10.55am, 6 cans of Tennents cradled in an off licence polly bag (I'd bought them the night prior). 'Jam', the head barman showed up at 10.58am and said 'just going round the back to open up'. A minute later the door swung open and I walked in. There were three old men at the bar, each 4/5ths through their pint of Tennents