Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That was its only reedeming feature. Something that made it different. Its now generic push that belongs with Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg etc in the "will drink if they dont have tennents" bracket

Must admit I do prefer Tennents but will have Stella as an alternative every now and again.

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

I bet you like your Stella to be flat and at room temperature you wrong un.

Fizzy and freezing cold. 

18 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Slates Tennents but admits to drinking Stella. Oh my.

Lightweight 

53 minutes ago, throbber said:

I can't afford to go out drinking regularly so staying in has been the most attractive option for years now. Agree drinking at home is a killer and I'm pretty bad for it, might have had 8 beers yesterday and a shit load of red wine. Haven't gone over a month without a drink since I was 18 so a part of me wants to lay off it but it's just so dam enjoyable.

You usually go a few days a week without drinking though, don't you? Since I started drinking at home I don't think I've gone a day without for about 3 years. I actually drink less on holiday.

I'd quite like to go a few months without a drink and see if I notice a difference, unfortunately there's always lots on that end up requiring drink. Shame as I'd have loads of cash and probably be about a jean size and stone lighter if I could do it. 

Done it a couple of years ago and found it was just seven days of meh. Instead of a good weekend, a couple of lousy days then looking forward to the weekend again.

You usually go a few days a week without drinking though, don't you? Since I started drinking at home I don't think I've gone a day without for about 3 years. I actually drink less on holiday.

Yeah probably Monday - Thursday but might have one night when we think f**k it. Will share a bottle of wine and have 4 beers usually and then a few more beers on Saturday and Sunday. Not that bad I suppose but not exactly healthy either.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

A reflection of what your loved ones think of you perhaps?

tennents-super-premium-lager-beer-4x500m

Hopefully not. By my calculations, my last and only taste of Super was just over 22 years ago. Even then as a 15 year old desperate to get drunk as cheaply as possible, it was awful.

22 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

4.8%, wouldn't disgrace myself but buying the watered down stuff.

I find all the standard sub 5% lagers tasteless, although maybe I should drop that to 4.8. Small breweries do a better job of low strength ones, had a couple of pints of this on draught today at 4.5%, a fine pint.

Blonde-500ml-W-280x395.jpg