Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, sjc said:

You seeking a P&B whipround, Throbs?

I'd say i deserved it considering i have taken the last fortnight off work so i can get up at around 11 o clock and half arsedly apply for jobs whilst sending my long suffering pregnant Mrs out to work! Times are hard. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Where did you make this heroic purchase throbber?

A Best One down near me, fortunately there was no other customers in there to judge me and the shop assistant was very understanding. 

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

A Best One down near me, fortunately there was no other customers in there to judge me and the shop assistant was very understanding. 

I'm sure they are used to it.  I once stopped in an off license further down Easter Road to buy a packet of cigarettes - you had to get buzzed into a perspex booth first of all, the owner then scrutinised you and if you passed his test you were then buzzed into the shop.  The guy in front of me bought a bottle of wine in coins and when he left, following the buzzing out process, he ran straight across the road and into Carol's Sauna, no doubt for a healthy, er, sauna.

What I'm really saying is that you are fairly low down the 'scummy customer' rankings.  Take heart.

Just now, ICTChris said:

I'm sure they are used to it.  I once stopped in an off license further down Easter Road to buy a packet of cigarettes - you had to get buzzed into a perspex booth first of all, the owner then scrutinised you and if you passed his test you were then buzzed into the shop.  The guy in front of me bought a bottle of wine in coins and when he left, following the buzzing out process, he ran straight across the road and into Carol's Sauna, no doubt for a healthy, er, sauna.

What I'm really saying is that you are fairly low down the 'scummy customer' rankings.  Take heart.

There are far worse things to do, it fairly cleared out all the useless coppers as well so its a win win for me, just not one of my proudest moments. I got a work related phone call during my consumption of the pot noodle and it went cold because i was on the phone for so long, eating them cold is even more degrading. 

The buying a Pot Noodle with coppers story is full on Alan Bennet throbber. Future generations will find throbber's P&B posts and hold them up as Scotland's lost literary masterpiece. He finds the coppers, he degrades himself in front of the shopkeeper, he doesn't get a job, the pot noodle gets cold. He paints these wee scenes of domestic misery so perfectly. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He finds the coppers, he degrades himself in front of the shopkeeper, he doesn't get a job, the pot noodle gets cold. He paints these wee scenes of domestic misery so perfectly. 

Totally agree. Sounds like something Morrissey would have penned.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Totally agree. Sounds like something Morrissey would have penned.

Good shout... And of course his girlfriend is rather large. She doesn't even like him but he's got her pregnant, the dirty little man. 

morrissey-flowers1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Good shout... And of course his girlfriend is rather large. She doesn't even like him but he's got her pregnant, the dirty little man. 

morrissey-flowers1.jpg

I think we've got a hit single here.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Hopefully they'll give you your winnings in coppers if you hit the jackpot.

I remember when the Scottish couple won with a similar amount there were statistics about how much cash/coins you would need if you wanted all the money in cash. I'm not sure just how far the coppers would reach but i remember if you were to take it out in £50 notes and stack them on top of each other it would be about the height of big ben.