Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That's a shit response.  Try something relevant or something clever or something funny.

Terribly sorry. How about you tell us how brilliantly you managed things on your first trip abroad? Milan would be a bonus.

What does a typical scammer look like?

Fair point, they come in all different forms. A recent attempted scam for me came outside the Vatican when a guy who was dressed in uniform came up and asked us what type of tickets we had and then he tried to talk us into believing that our tickets would mean we would have to queue for about 2 hours and not get to see certain areas (we knew he was talking shit as we did our research beforehand) and was trying to make us part with an extra 40 euros each.

The tuk tuk examples in Bangkok that J.stewart was warmed about are a different type of scam when they force you into an expensive jewellery shop after taking you around a few tourist destinations.

There are lots of scams when you’re a tourist.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Terribly sorry. How about you tell us how brilliantly you managed things on your first trip abroad? Milan would be a bonus.

My first trip abroad was a family holiday in Ibiza with the kids 31 years ago.  It all went swimmingly thank you.

My second time abroad was on business to Russia round about the same time.  Could have been very scary had we not been sheltered/protected by our hosts.

Dont understand the Milan reference but I hope that helps. :)

Tempted to knock a few points off [mention=11540]virginton[/mention]'s total in the worst posters thread for sharing that with me. What a tale.

Please leave your personal feelings out of that thread and show some professionalism.

Tempted to knock a few points off [mention=11540]virginton[/mention]'s total in the worst posters thread for sharing that with me. What a tale.

Has someone (I assume Div) actually changed Viking-Ton's @ tag filter to Virginton? What a complete and utter minter that is if so.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Has someone (I assume Div) actually changed Viking-Ton's @ tag filter to Virginton? What a complete and utter minter that is if so.

The username autocorrects to that so when he's tagged it changes that too. It still links to his profile.

As for the sentiment, I quite agree.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The username autocorrects to that so when he's tagged it changes that too. It still links to his profile.

As for the sentiment, I quite agree.

Not quite as funny as the autocorrect for the slightly dirty word that rhymes with fringe!