Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

At 2:23 in this video on the BBC we can clearly see a P&B poster has moved to Hartlepool.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-46261480/hartlepool-the-town-where-police-don-t-come-out

That is fucking rank. 

Tbh though, I was expecting to see a guy wearing green jeans or a female receiving a swift kick between her legs. 

On Sunday, Sainsbury’s became the first supermarket in the UK to start selling insects for human consumption. I’ve just been to my local and picked up two packets. I’ll let you know how I get on. I’ve said for a while that this is the future right here and people of the west should embrace it.

IMG_3702.jpg

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

On Sunday, Sainsbury’s became the first supermarket in the UK to start selling insects for human consumption. I’ve just been to my local and picked up two packets. I’ll let you know how I get on. I’ve said for a while that this is the future right here and people of the west should embrace it.

IMG_3702.jpg

Not sure what kind of shop sold them but crickets were on sale for consumption in Ayr in the post-war period. Dipped in chocolate too if you wanted.

So I’ve just tried them. V tasty I have to say. It’s just like eating BBQ crisps really. My main complaint would be at the price - it’s 1.50 for a bag and that only gets you 12g. At the moment it’s a bit gimmicky to eat these but in time I think these will become more popular and hopefully the prices will come down. Would definitely recommend that people go and give them a shot.

IMG_3702.thumb.jpg.4ab5588ab80effda38156e6a284cb225.jpg
wid

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

So I’ve just tried them. V tasty I have to say. It’s just like eating BBQ crisps really. My main complaint would be at the price - it’s 1.50 for a bag and that only gets you 12g. At the moment it’s a bit gimmicky to eat these but in time I think these will become more popular and hopefully the prices will come down. Would definitely recommend that people go and give them a shot.

Why not just eat BBQ crisps then and save yourself a few bob?

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I tried crickets and mealworms at some science thing in Dundee last year.  I would agree they were quite tasty.

The only annoying thing was that bits of the crispy skin/shells got stuck between my newly flossed teeth.

ETA Anybody tried the midgie coated burgers in Argyll?

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/scottish-hotel-adds-midge-burgers-to-the-summer-menu-1-4757558

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

30 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

No.

IMG_3702.thumb.jpg.4ab5588ab80effda38156e6a284cb225.jpg
Better get used to it. When the Mars bars run out post Brexit you'll be eating whatever you can catch.

im just happy they are calling someone about my age a young man!