Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

After masturbating earlier I noticed a visible gathering of blood just under the outer layer of skin of my scrotum.

It has been slowly dissipating, but was a concern.

Better than just over the outer layer, imho.

P.S. Do as welshbairn suggested.

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I recently got tod of some stuff on Gumtree and had a few time wasters but I couldn't believe people actually bought and sold cars on there?

Sold an old car/money pit on Gumtree a couple of years back. A pleasant but drunk man turned up at the door within a couple of hours of the ad going live and handed over the cash. He didn’t even want a test drive as he “could see I wasn’t some ned in a tracksuit” so therefore trusted me. Turned up sober the next day and drove it away. 

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

"Steak Lover's" what? Burned tongues?

Pizza.

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Better than just over the outer layer, imho.

P.S. Do as welshbairn suggested.

It's gone. Think I'l be fine.

On 22/05/2020 at 13:29, DA Baracus said:

Pizza.

Seeing as it's from The Pizza Bible, I would have thought "pizza" was a given. Still think it's a superfluous greengrocer's apostrophe.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's gone. Think I'l be fine.

Go get your nutsack fondled by a man wearing rubber gloves, FFS. I can't think of a reason for a build-up of blood in the scrotum that's in any way normal.

Sold an old car/money pit on Gumtree a couple of years back. A pleasant but drunk man turned up at the door within a couple of hours of the ad going live and handed over the cash. He didn’t even want a test drive as he “could see I wasn’t some ned in a tracksuit” so therefore trusted me. Turned up sober the next day and drove it away. 

Is that not also how you came about getting Muffy’s punchbag?

13 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Go get your nutsack fondled by a man wearing rubber gloves, FFS. I can't think of a reason for a build-up of blood in the scrotum that's in any way normal.

He was almost certainly shagging an Ebola victim.

I want to do an analysis of swearing in modern Britain. From my own observations there are several different ways of swearing that are clearly established. One is twee swearing, combining cuddly terms with swear words, the classic example being ‘cockwomble’. You see this a lot on social media and, classically, you see many examples on the home made signs present on political demonstrations, particularly the anti-Trump and anti-Brexit demonstrations in the U.K. You can see the logic of it - combining twee words and swearing is striking and in theory amplifies the effect -but in reality a big part of this is petrified adolescents playing at shocking their parents when they are in fact in their 30s.

Another group is the ‘strident c***s’. A certain mode of man falls into this category, they see themselves as serious, flinty, speaking truth to power. The frequent use of the word ‘c**t’ is a big part of this, it shows the world that they are angry, they need to be listened to - why else would they use the most taboo swear word? Sadly for the flinty, serious, earnest ‘strident c**t’ the use of the word c**t mainly serves to cover up that their anger and frustrations are what drive their views rather than the other way around. This only serves to increase the anger and cause more stridency and more cunting.

One of the most numerous groups I’d call the ‘stream of consciousness’. Back in the 1990s on TFI Friday Chris Evans offered Shaun Ryder his shoes if he didn’t swear during a live interview. Ryder replied that he would comply because they were “fucking good shoes”. Some people just constantly swear and often this is the most public and visible form of swearing. Yesterday I was walking in the Park with my son when ahead of me a couple must’ve sworn ten times in the short distance we were within earshot. They swore at each other and their dog. Maybe the dog was called f**k, I don’t know. Have some people always sworn this much or is it new? Neither were young so maybe I’ve been sheltered.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I.

One of the most numerous groups I’d call the ‘stream of consciousness’. Back in the 1990s on TFI Friday Chris Evans offered Shaun Ryder his shoes if he didn’t swear during a live interview. Ryder replied that he would comply because they were “fucking good shoes”. Some people just constantly swear and often this is the most public and visible form of swearing. Yesterday I was walking in the Park with my son when ahead of me a couple must’ve sworn ten times in the short distance we were within earshot. They swore at each other and their dog. Maybe the dog was called f**k, I don’t know. Have some people always sworn this much or is it new? Neither were young so maybe I’ve been sheltered.

Have to agree with Shaun Ryder too (the shoes in question were Patrick Cox). Quality bit of footwear.

E6A9B1DC-8588-4951-94FA-E8F23BB24A68.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have to agree with Shaun Ryder too (the shoes in question were Patrick Cox). Quality bit of footwear.

E6A9B1DC-8588-4951-94FA-E8F23BB24A68.jpeg

You’d have been better off taking the magic beans.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Seeing as it's from The Pizza Bible, I would have thought "pizza" was a given. Still think it's a superfluous greengrocer's apaotrophe.

Why? Nothing wrong with Steak Lover's Pizza (the name, not necessarily the pizza itself).

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I want to do an analysis of swearing in modern Britain. From my own observations there are several different ways of swearing that are clearly established. One is twee swearing, combining cuddly terms with swear words, the classic example being ‘cockwomble’. You see this a lot on social media and, classically, you see many examples on the home made signs present on political demonstrations, particularly the anti-Trump and anti-Brexit demonstrations in the U.K. You can see the logic of it - combining twee words and swearing is striking and in theory amplifies the effect -but in reality a big part of this is petrified adolescents playing at shocking their parents when they are in fact in their 30s.

Another group is the ‘strident c***s’. A certain mode of man falls into this category, they see themselves as serious, flinty, speaking truth to power. The frequent use of the word ‘c**t’ is a big part of this, it shows the world that they are angry, they need to be listened to - why else would they use the most taboo swear word? Sadly for the flinty, serious, earnest ‘strident c**t’ the use of the word c**t mainly serves to cover up that their anger and frustrations are what drive their views rather than the other way around. This only serves to increase the anger and cause more stridency and more cunting.

Too fucking long: didn’t fucking read.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

It doesn't say Steak Lover's Pizza

The Pizza is implied. As you said yourself, it's a pizza book so why repeat it every time? It'd be like a CAMRA guide printing the word 'beer' after the name of every pint it reviews.

Just now, GordonD said:

The Pizza is implied. As you said yourself, it's a pizza book so why repeat it every time? It'd be like a CAMRA guide printing the word 'beer' after the name of every pint it reviews.

No it wouldn't