Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

saw this during lockdown youtube rabbit hole fun, you might also like this if you've not seen it:

it seems too mental to be real (as per the comment section, pretty much a real life Call of Duty protagonist with an eyepatch) and after watching I kind of have a suspicion that the commander he met must have been preparing to abandon the town anyway. Even if it's only 80% accurate it's an amazing story tbh, seems remarkable that I'd never heard about it til a few weeks ago.

He was a lot better looking than the psycho Canuck in the cartoon.

L%C3%A9o_Major.jpg

Not entirely convinced by this bit in wiki. :unsure:

Four times during the night, he had to force his way into civilians' houses to rest. He eventually located the Gestapo HQ and set the building on fire. Later stumbling upon the SS HQ, he engaged in a quick but deadly fight with eight Nazi officers: four were killed, the others fled. He noticed that two of the SS men he had just killed were disguised as Resistance members. The Zwolle Resistance had been (or was going to be) infiltrated by the Nazis.

Edited by welshbairn

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I tried avocado today to see if it's nice or if it's just a craze among fitness fanatics. As expected, it's the latter. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

This is the correct answer.

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

It's the wee ones you have to watch. @Bairnardo

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You’ve gone full native m8.

Have you got the hat with the corks yet?

I had to sell it as it wouldn't fit over my mullet. 

17 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Was that from the broken jaw compo?

Na, that's not due to be paid out until about March next year. I'm going to buy a pet koala with that. 

End of days? Geomagnetic reversal happening? This could make recent big stories like COVID 19 and "Do Yetis exist?" seem like little more than a footnote in the local paper. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/earth-magnetic-field-satellites-space-a9528571.html

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I had to sell it as it wouldn't fit over my mullet. 

Na, that's not due to be paid out until about March next year. I'm going to buy a pet koala with that. 

That will keep you safe from Mike Tyson, just in case he takes a shine to you. 

have spent the last few weeks at work configuring an e-commerce site, and one of the products is called a "GIRFT leaflet"

thus far, I have resisted any temptation to amend the last letter - site goes live next Monday - it would be a simple matter for me to ascertain if there is any sort of crossover in the venn diagram of site subscribers and P&B members...

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That will keep you safe from Mike Tyson, just in case he takes a shine to you. 

He's looking quite tasty in his recent training videos so I'll buy an army of them, just in case. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He's looking quite tasty in his recent training videos so I'll buy an army of them, just in case. 

Teach them to drive too. And yes, he looks in good nick. Smoking all that toad venom can't be good for you though.