Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Are the trotting races the ones where they have that frame linking the horses' front and back legs so they can't break into a gallop?

No carriages, just trotting horses.  I think one was disqualified in the race i saw for galloping.  Must be like the olympic walking races where you get disqualified by a track judge for "running".  Weird doesn't cover these races.

I only recently noticed that [mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] wasn't called Jack's Granada. Thought he was a Ford enthusiast.

Always wondered how little he thought of his actual kid that instead of naming himself insertnameheresDa he went with JacksGranda. Seems harsh.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Always wondered how little he thought of his actual kid that instead of naming himself insertnameheresDa he went with JacksGranda. Seems harsh.

'Cos I'm his stepgranda.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

No I think she's gone. Anyway I'll try to summon her in case I'm wrong.

I like to eat blueberry muffins.

If you changed that last word to waffles, the pervert bugle would go off in a couple of posters heads. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

I initially thought @Alert Mongoose was called AlbertMongoose and always refer to him as Albert.

I am very disappointed he has not changed his username as AlbertMongoose is far superior.

He can still redeem himself before I am compelled to start a petition on change.org.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Are the trotting races the ones where they have that frame linking the horses' front and back legs so they can't break into a gallop?

I don't think so- what I remember they do break into a gallap and get disqualified. The rules seem a bit arcane (i.e. we couldn't be bothered to look them up).

trotter.jpg.15de5b74a788f4566e85056ca715e6f5.jpg

he'll not deliver much milk going at that speed

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Until this very moment, I thought @MixuFixit was called MixuFruit. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I only recently noticed that @Jacksgranda wasn't called Jack's Granada. Thought he was a Ford enthusiast.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I initially thought @Alert Mongoose was called AlbertMongoose and always refer to him as Albert.

I am very disappointed he has not changed his username as AlbertMongoose is far superior.

He can still redeem himself before I am compelled to start a petition on change.org.

I think you chaps need to take yourselves on a 30 mile drive to test your eyesight. 

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I think you chaps need to take yourselves on a 30 mile drive to test your eyesight. 

Only works if you go for a 60 miles round trip, better safe than sorry.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't think so- what I remember they do break into a gallap and get disqualified. The rules seem a bit arcane (i.e. we couldn't be bothered to look them up).

After I posted I discovered that what I was thinking of is called pacing. When a horse trots its diagonally opposite hooves touch the ground at the same time. With pacing it's the two legs on the same side of its body. Hence the frame things I was talking about to make sure it can't go any faster.

WIWAL my family would go to stay with my dad's cousin in Sauchie and one time we went to this Lowland Games kind of thing and one of the events was a pacing race. The horses looked bloody odd and it didn't look very comfortable for them either.

Pacing horse.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/gqsqd8/i_dont_want_to_take_part_in_my_gfs_23f_sex_ritual/

My post was capped because I didn't have a throwaway account but I'd like some advice:

So I'm (23M) getting married to my GF (23F) early next year if all goes to plan. I don't have a lot of family (I'm no contact with my dad for several years now.) She, however, has a huge extended family.

For the most part we get on great. They tend to be very loud and have huge personalities, which is sometimes hard for me to deal with since I've always been on the quiet side. But overall very warm and caring people.

Something weird I've noticed since we got engaged is that my GF's cousins sometimes make jokes about our wedding night. It's weird for them to joke about it since I'm pretty sure her family is aware we've slept together before since we share a bed at holiday gatherings and vacations.

A few nights ago we were discussing wedding plans and thinking about places to go on our honeymoon (if COVID-19 clears up and we can travel by then). My GF and I were brainstorming ideas when she tells me that we won't need a bridal suite right away. Obviously I ask why (we're getting married at a pretty nice hotel) and she says that she'd like for us to stay at her parent's house.

I don't really mind this - we're trying to save money for a house deposit anyway - but GF seems like she has more to say so I push for why she wants it. She tells me that there's a really old tradition in her family on the wedding night.

The husband and wife go into the master bedroom together and they are supposed to 'consummate' the marriage. The rest of the family are waiting outside the door so they can applaud them and cheer when they come out. Then a piece of the bed sheet is cut off and sewn into a big tapestry my GF's mother owns.

I think my GF saw I wasn't happy because she quickly told me that we wouldn't have to actually consummate the marriage if I felt uncomfortable and we could just pretend.

I don't want anything to do with this. I absolutely freaked and told her under no circumstances will I be doing that kind of thing in front of her whole family. When I came back from taking a walk to clear my head, she was now noticeably acting down and still is. I think she's also been texting her family about this because I received a text from her mother telling me that I 'don't understand the importance of family' and tradition yet and this kind of tradition has been around longer than I've been alive.

I don't know how I'm meant to go on from here. I really love my GF and she is the woman I want to spend my life with. I'm freaked out of course but she is my whole world. But how should I handle her family and navigate his 'tradition'?

TL;DR my girlfriend's family have a tradition where they stand outside the room on the wedding night. I still want to marry my GF but I don't want anything to do with this. Advice?

Apparently it's traditional at some Jewish weddings for the bride and groom to disappear after the ceremony and shag, then to return for the party. The in-laws rented us a nearby hotel room in case we wanted to do this. We did not.

Miguel this Reddit poster should bang his new wife noisily and scream his new mother-in-law's name at the top of his voice throughout. Fingers crossed, he'll never even have to see them again.

In some cultures the sheets from the wedding bed are displayed the night after the wedding with the idea that bloody sheets show that the bride was a virgin before her wedding night