Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was looking to put a wee bet on the French racing tonight and looked at the 18.57 race at Pau.  All 14 horses still listed as going have names that begin with the letter "G".  Even the non-runner's name started with a "G".

Never seen this before.

C'est dificile a choisir 

Just seen the 17.47 race is the same - all horses names start with a "G".    Any horsey experts on P & B able to offer any reasons why ??   Maybe lucky or seen as a trait in France ??

Edited by hearthammer

27 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Was looking to put a wee bet on the French racing tonight and looked at the 18.57 race at Pau.  All 14 horses still listed as going have names that begin with the letter "G".  Even the non-runner's name started with a "G".

Never seen this before.

C'est dificile a choisir 

Just seen the 17.47 race is the same - all horses names start with a "G".    Any horsey experts on P & B able to offer any reasons why ??   Maybe lucky or seen as a trait in France ??

Having a punt on the gee-gees?

Never seen this before.
C'est dificile a choisir 

18:57 will blow your mind.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, hearthammer said:
Never seen this before.
C'est dificile a choisir 

18:57 will blow your mind.

I'm obviously missing the significance here.  Apologies for being a spud.   The only thing it will do is reduce my funds available for a wee punt tomorrow or later in the week.  

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

I'm obviously missing the significance here.  Apologies for being a spud.   The only thing it will do is reduce my funds available for a wee punt tomorrow or later in the week.  

I've never seen it before either tbh. 

5 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Never seen this before.

C'est dificile a choisir 

They did show the trotting (weird shit) from France at the bookies and in one race all the noms de chevaux started with E.

24 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

They did show the trotting (weird shit) from France at the bookies and in one race all the noms de chevaux started with E.

I saw one race & was wondering why pas de chevaux gie it laldy.  It was like dressage on a track.  Strange how they set up races with tous les chevaux have noms avec la meme lettre d'alphabet.

Oooooh, les francaises

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

He's deid what are you on about

Lately, the spambots have been copypasting random posts from other sites to pretend they're a real person.

At 800+ posts, @Theroadlesstravelled has put some serious work in before being rumbled for quoting celebrity gossip from 2009  :blink:

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I was under the impression it was Cerberus?

Who to be fair used to post pictures of women scraped off google image search and pass them off as his girlfriends. Turing test time.

Really?  :lol:

Maybe he's going the other route and trying to pass himself off as a bot.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Lately, the spambots have been copypasting random posts from other sites to pretend they're a real person.

At 800+ posts, @Theroadlesstravelled has put some serious work in before being rumbled for quoting celebrity gossip from 2009  :blink:

The spambots can be quite good company. I have to post some very boring videos online for work. As soon as they go on they get robot comments like "great video" "great content - can't wait for more". Stuff like that. No idea what they're hoping to achieve but I appreciate their kind words. Unless they're being sarcastic. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

The spambots can be quite good company. I have to post some very boring videos online for work. As soon as they go on they get robot comments like "great video" "great content - can't wait for more". Stuff like that. No idea what they're hoping to achieve but I appreciate their kind words. Unless they're being sarcastic. 

Great post - can't wait for more

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Are the trotting races the ones where they have that frame linking the horses' front and back legs so they can't break into a gallop?

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Are the trotting races the ones where they have that frame linking the horses' front and back legs so they can't break into a gallop?

Aw thanks Gordon! I always liked Meadowbank, though I did miss John Watson's league-winning goal against you as I'd gone for a pish. 

Edited by Shandon Par