Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, 101 said:

I would imagine that traveling from the UK to anywhere with a lower R will require a 2 week quarantine (Spain saying all arrivals pre 1st July just now but I think that will be extended)  also looks like the North of England are seeing their infection rate rise again so localised lockdowns may be back before you can travel to Yorkshire to leave the UK.

They won't happen.

Update.  Confirmed cancellation.  Happy with that.
I have just the question of pettycur bay re my caravan holiday, given that even phase two which we will be in by then wont allow the holiday to go ahead.

All I received was a pithy one liner about how govt response will dictate.

Suspect a battle incoming.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ach its ok. Sometimes these types of passive aggressive email exchanges are good for the soul. 

If you can't be arsed with sitting on the phone for hours it might be easier to take vouchers or a postponement.

11 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I'm in a bit of a quandary regarding the old summer holiday, got an email through yesterday from Jet2 confirming it's still going ahead.   We're meant to fly from Leeds/Bradford to Lanzarotte on the 5th of July.

I have to say I'm not overly keen to go as I'm not sure what will be open etc (I'm sure the Spanish will be more organised than us) and the information in conflicting to say the least.  The latest information was that Spain wasn't planning on letting British in until infection rate went down, this will no doubt be scrapped in about a weeks time as they chase the cash and some reciprocal agreement will be made on isolating.

Now I also have the problem that I booked hotels and car parking prior to departure and my return.  Going down on the morning of the flight isn't to big a deal but driving up the road at 3am after being up all day is.  Fairly trivial stuff I know but the uncertainty is really bugging me.  If we're going fine if not let us know, I don't really want to still not know a week before the departure date.  Of course we could decide just not to go but I'm loathe to let 4k slip away for nothing.

First world problems page for this pish I know.

Have just been told that Jet2 have moved the date of resumption for flights and their schedule has been put back from 01 July to 15 July. My son said he got a refund from them for his June holiday within 3 days of initial contact. Looks like another tranche will be refunded soon. However, if you've booked with Ryanair or Easyjet, then I wish you luck.

I posted this in the travel forum about an hour ago, mate.  Hope you get sorted with either a refund or alternative booking soon.

20 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this study about the effect of feelings of vitimhood.  A tendency to interpersonal victimhood is a stable personality trait.  Individuals with this trait experience feelings of hurt more intensely, and for longer periods of time and recall negative emotions more easily.  It's also associated with entitlement, lack of empathy and moral elitism.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341548585_The_Tendency_for_Interpersonal_Victimhood_The_Personality_Construct_and_its_Consequences

Everyone knows a few people like this.  There might even be a few on P&B - feel free to tag them.

Old Firm supporters. All of them.

Hi guys! Some shameless self-publicity as my debut album Grey Hairs and Black Dogs is out now! Basically, it details my struggles with mental health during the past six years. It's available to download and stream on iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp and many other digital platforms. 20% of all proceeds will be going to Samaritans. It was a pretty expensive process, so I'd be extremely grateful for any downloads if you like what you hear (or even if you don't!).

Bandcamp: https://olliewale.bandcamp.com/album/grey-hairs-and-black-dogs

iTunes: https://music.apple.com/gb/artist/ollie-wale/1377941213

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3TnAcivfAeqRzqA5V2FBRs