Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

After Brexit and when Boris and his nasty mates have flogged everything off it'll have to be the Oor Wullie tooth extraction technique of string around a door handle.

The dentist did offer to whip the tooth out on Monday then and there (it's one of the procedures they can do right away) but cautioned against it and I was inclined to agree.

Forgot to add that in March I woke up one Sunday morning with what felt like a shard of metal in my eye. After rinsing the eye for a good ten minutes, I had to conclude that it was fucked in some way, so had to chance A&E. This was very shortly after lockdown began. A&E was empty so got seen pretty quick by an on call doctor and got punted upstairs to get a more thorough examination from an optometrist consultant. After another examination she quickly diagnosed a cyst on my eye and gave me some eye drops. She also prescribed me some eye gel. Unfortunately the pharmacies I tried didn't stock it. The consultant said this might happen and had said to phone her if it did, so I did the next day. She pulled some behind the scenes strings and said she had procured a tube of said gel and said to meet her later in the main concourse of Ninewells. I fired down and got the gel and was profusely thankful. She had taken time out of her mental schedule to not only get the gel but wait for me to hand it over in person.

Great service and again the total cost was £0. In the American health system that would have been at least many hundreds of dollars. 

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The dentist did offer to whip the tooth out on Monday then and there (it's one of the procedures they can do right away) but cautioned against it and I was inclined to agree.

Forgot to add that in March I woke up one Sunday morning with what felt like a shard of metal in my eye. After rinsing the eye for a good ten minutes, I had to conclude that it was fucked in some way, so had to chance A&E. This was very shortly after lockdown began. A&E was empty so got seen pretty quick by an on call doctor and got punted upstairs to get a more thorough examination from an optometrist consultant. After another examination she quickly diagnosed a cyst on my eye and gave me some eye drops. She also prescribed me some eye gel. Unfortunately the pharmacies I tried didn't stock it. The consultant said this might happen and had said to phone her if it did, so I did the next day. She pulled some behind the scenes strings and said she had procured a tube of said gel and said to meet her later in the main concourse of Ninewells. I fired down and got the gel and was profusely thankful. She had taken time out of her mental schedule to not only get the gel but wait for me to hand it over in person.

Great service and again the total cost was £0. In the American health system that would have been at least many hundreds of dollars. 

Get her pumped.

8 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I didn't know that. Checked the Historical Football Kits site, and not only were the shirts blue, but the rest of the kit went out of it's way to antagonize the locals as well 😆

20201001_210521.jpg

Spot when Tam Fagan found out yellow shirts were 10 bob cheaper than any other colour.

52 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can hazard a guess where they've gone.

Not sure if it's the same species, but I recall a tv documentary about an island, maybe in the S. Pacific? Anyway, some colonists found it and, getting a tad peckish, made soup out out of the giant turtles that were indigenous.

Turns out they were like 4-legged pakora - super tasty and addictive. So, eventually they get down to the last pair with still the option to breed more. But nah. f**k it, cant resist. Ate them. Turtles no more.

Easy to judge, until you find yourself eating the last of the wean's selection box, knowing the grief its going to cause.

On 29/09/2020 at 19:00, Mark Connolly said:

Granny Danger looks nothing like I imagined

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Having a look at the animals that have been labelled extinct this year and among them...

sumatran-x340.jpg?6YXrqTQ6LlSNEknOe6xPQl

“I’ve got a swimming pool you little b*****d”

That’s how I picture him anyway. 

E02CC879-2D6A-4736-BB0D-EB61835A9438.jpeg

19 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

66% of bankruptcy cases in the US are from unpaid medical bills.

The figures are mental. They really pursue folk hard for medical bills (most of which are ludicrously expensive and are pretty much extortion).

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

I didn't know that. Checked the Historical Football Kits site, and not only were the shirts blue, but the rest of the kit went out of it's way to antagonize the locals as well 😆

20201001_210521.jpg

And Jock Stein, a Rovers player in the 40s, would have played in that vaguely staunch kit too!

8 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Not sure if it's the same species, but I recall a tv documentary about an island, maybe in the S. Pacific? Anyway, some colonists found it and, getting a tad peckish, made soup out out of the giant turtles that were indigenous.

Turns out they were like 4-legged pakora - super tasty and addictive. So, eventually they get down to the last pair with still the option to breed more. But nah. f**k it, cant resist. Ate them. Turtles no more.

Easy to judge, until you find yourself eating the last of the wean's selection box, knowing the grief its going to cause.

Unfortunately you can't just nip down to Asda for a replacement turtle. 

Man stabs wife and lover. Tragic story. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/murder-wife-love-head-teacher-new-years-day-a4561006.html

The killer’s mum could perhaps have done a bit more. Son pops in at 4am for a cup of tea and to borrow some big knives, Goodfellas style, and to tell mum he’ll see her in 25 years as he’s off to murder the wife and her lover. Mum phones the police after he leaves. Operator asks if she has called the wife to warn that a madman is en-route and she says no, as she “wouldn’t know what to say to her”.

19B6C3EF-8D13-4708-A707-CCB842D0C7C9.jpeg

Edited by Shandön Par