Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Has it always been like that? I know it’s getting used on some Disney + telly thing this week.

Always, it would seem.  It's certainly a world map pattern on Google Streetview.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
Despite having travelled past this a million bijillion times, I've only just found out that the cow on The Horn has a map of the world as it's pattern.
Screenshot_20210902-170327.thumb.png.c84df4dbd2d030a311cfff0ff1c1e960.png

Ever been in? I never managed in when I was a regular on that road, but the one at Stracathro was/is magnificent for breakfast wares

Big fan of the epic bacon rolls. You either love them or hate them.  Deep fried, salty bacon.  Heart attack in a roll, but at least I'll die happy.

image.png.3eac71d41bd2dfce163eb0dc48a38180.png

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Big fan of the epic bacon rolls. You either love them or hate them.  Deep fried, salty bacon.  Heart attack in a roll, but at least I'll die happy.

Where can I find such a thing of beauty?

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Always, it would seem.  It's certainly a world map pattern on Google Streetview.

That picture reminds me of a girl I once went out with. John McVeigh is a tit like the facehugger from Alien.

Edited by scottsdad
The word filter got me! m-i-n-g-e replaced by John McVeigh is a tit

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Also, did that Patrick fan racially abuse someone at Arbroath? Eh

They are alleged to have and have been charged as such but are pleading innocence. That said the judge has banned them from Angus meantime.

Sad when Rangers are banning folk for charges related to racism, i.e. not prosecution, but Partick Thistle don't appear to have done the same.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Forth Valley Hospital covered in these yesterday morning. They'd even climbed up trees in the nearby woods to nail some signs up.

20210902_072904.thumb.jpg.5aeaac0129c09fb545eead31c093fedf.jpg

Quick scrub around the internet finds a facebook page. And on that is a letter written by Dr Cooney to the girl's mum:

I am writing to provide some clarification around the current restrictions regarding your contact with your daughter, Sophie Mcguire.
At present it is not possible for you to have any contact, either in person or via telephone with Sophie.
I understand that this will be extremely difficult for you, however our experience has shown that Sophie's behaviour deteriorates following any contact she has with you. This may be due to the distress you experience in seeing Sophie in hospital and the impact this has on her.
As you know, we are seeking to find a suitable placement for Sophie, in a local community setting, where she can develop with the support that is most appropriate to her needs.
It is hoped that once she has been discharged from hospital, it will be possible for you to return to a situation of having regular contact with Sophie.
Sophie remains well from a physical point of view and is making good progress towards discharge.
I would encourage you to consider seeking a legal representative to facilitate communication between you, as Sophie's next of kin, and her current treating team. We have, as you know, received an offer from Mr Barry Gale to act as Peer Advocate, but our request at this juncture is to work with someone who is representing you in a professional capacity.

It seems like the girl was held for mental health reasons.

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It seems like the girl was held for mental health reasons.

Chucking signs like that up in the middle of the night makes you wonder about the folk waiting for her on the outside.

19 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

What's annoying me more is the inconsistency in underlining the Dyced Lamb part, but not the capital V in Very.

The first part might be acceptable here tbf:

image.png.e493219cbdff078dec3503757f5d0b45.png

Edited by Hedgecutter