Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What happened at your work?

Show trial on Wednesday, I am fooked but I will take perverse pleasure in dragging it out through the appeal stage and subsequent tribunal. I know they are lying & have doctored CCTV, they know it as well but are doubling down, my Union are raging but know what is coming next.

TL;DR I will be well out of it & will just get on with my life, pretty shit that they treat someone with 30 years service like this but at the end of the day you are just a payroll number.

16 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Jolly Rogers Cookbook was always a good go to for the 90s Anarchist, I had it for the Amiga 1200

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook

I have a copy I picked up in a second hand bookshop. My favourite bit was about how the best way to obtain guns was to steal them from a police station or military base. I don’t doubt that security was a lot more lax in the 60’s but I suspect that even then, any anarchist group with the means to steal guns from the military probably wouldn’t need a reference book to tell them what to do next. 

Just popping in to say landlords are scum, landlordism is evil and anyone making all or part of their income from this practice should be rewarded with an authentic guillotine experience. Just look at this story from Dublin.

18 minutes ago, G51 said:

Just popping in to say landlords are scum, landlordism is evil and anyone making all or part of their income from this practice should be rewarded with an authentic guillotine experience. Just look at this story from Dublin.

Anyone buying a home with no intention of actually living there should be subject to a tax of 50% of the price paid, would gain tax revenues while bringing the cost of buying a home down massively overnight.

38 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Anyone buying a home with no intention of actually living there should be subject to a tax of 50% of the price paid, would gain tax revenues while bringing the cost of buying a home down massively overnight.

Shirley that would result in a financial loss in most instances, meaning an effective end to private renting?  No way you'd be able to get a rent in to cover what would be a double the value mortgage, unless the owner is committing to ownership with near-permanent residency for 20+ years which is when it would finally start to make a profit?

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Shirley that would result in a financial loss in most instances, meaning an effective end to private renting?  No way you'd be able to get a rent in to cover what would be a double the value mortgage, unless the owner is committing to ownership with near-permanent residency for 20+ years which is when it would finally start to make a profit?

That is my point, I want to make it unfeasible for buy to let parasites to hoover up housing stock. I bought my house so that I will have somewhere to live, I would quite happily see it devauled overnight if it meant that people had a fair chance of buying their own home & the greedy speculating scum who drive prices up were no longer allowed to have their many houses paid for by people desperate to rent their properties as they have no other option.

I've turned into an old fart, just sitting beside a country lane in the sun.  P&B is considerably more relaxing with the backdrop of blackbird's song, the chattering of a great tit, some trickling water, a light breeze and the intermittent smack of somebody's tee-off from the adjacent golf course.  That said, because of the piercing squak, I can see why folk started shooting pheasants.

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

That is my point, I want to make it unfeasible for buy to let parasites to hoover up housing stock. I bought my house so that I will have somewhere to live, I would quite happily see it devauled overnight if it meant that people had a fair chance of buying their own home & the greedy speculating scum who drive prices up were no longer allowed to have their many houses paid for by people desperate to rent their properties as they have no other option.

So how would folk rent then?  I personally had no desire to tie myself down to a single property in my 20s (think I moved flat/house around every two years) and I was happy enough to throw my money down a black hole at the time for the novelty.  

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

So how would folk rent then?  I personally had no desire to tie myself down to a single property in my 20s (think I moved flat/house around every two years) and I was happy enough to throw my money down a black hole at the time for the novelty.  

Think we are at cross purposes here, I want people to rent at a reasonable price with LHAs & Social Housing. I do not want greedy parasites pushing up house prices by hoarding large portfolios & using the lack of decent housing to cover their multiple buy to let mortgages.

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

24 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

That is my point, I want to make it unfeasible for buy to let parasites to hoover up housing stock.

Why mention that it would be a tax earner if you just want to stop it altogether, which would result in a tax earning of nothing? 

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've turned into an old fart, just sitting beside a country lane in the sun.  P&B is considerably more relaxing with the backdrop of blackbird's song, the chattering of a great tit, some trickling water, a light breeze and the intermittent smack of somebody's tee-off from the adjacent golf course.  That said, because of the piercing squak, I can see why folk started shooting pheasants.

You don't have to sit beside a country lane in the sun to experience this on P&B.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Why mention that it would be a tax earner if you just want to stop it altogether, which would result in a tax earning of nothing? 

A means to an end before it gets closed down but I see your point. Never going to happen anyway but I wish it would.

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You don't have to sit beside a country lane in the sun to experience this on P&B.

I purposely dropped the capitals on Great Tit to lay that on a plate for somebody. 😉

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I have a copy I picked up in a second hand bookshop. My favourite bit was about how the best way to obtain guns was to steal them from a police station or military base. I don’t doubt that security was a lot more lax in the 60’s but I suspect that even then, any anarchist group with the means to steal guns from the military probably wouldn’t need a reference book to tell them what to do next. 

Kevin Bridges on Gary, Tank Commander - YouTube

3 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

If you’d quite happily see your property devalued I’m pretty sure you are in a very small minority. British people love home ownership as a way to make money, so many people are obsessed about it being an investment. Living in Europe has opened my eyes to how weird we are in the U.K. about owning a home. Although the private rental market being as popular as say Germany relies on proper laws being introduced around tenant protection. It’s not uncommon to rent the same flat for 10 plus years over there. 

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said: